Blue Ridge Christian School
Founded in 1990, BRCS operates on two historic campuses in Bridgewater and Dayton and serves 425 preschool through 12th grade students. BRCS is committed to the academic, spiritual and social development of students who are rooted in Christ, joyful in learning and faithful in service. We value strong academics, creative hands-on experiences, and individualized instruction. Our students, staff and parents partner to pursue the best education possible for each student. Through a comprehensive curriculum intended to engage the head, the hands, and the heart, students deepen their understanding and their practice of Biblical truth.
To inquire, please go to brcschool.org. Private School Review is not consistent in interest notifications. Thank you!
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 425 students
- Yearly Tuition: $7,970
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
English Literature/ Duel Enrollment History
Average SAT score
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
The prices listed is for K-5. Price does increase for middle and high. A homeschool connection program is also available.
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
- Our Mission: To assist parents and evangelical churches by providing a Biblically-based educational program that instills a whole-hearted love of the Lord Jesus Christ, develops Godly character, and emphasizes academic excellence.
- Philosophy: Christian education is the process whereby the student is taught to learn to observe things from God's perspective and to conduct his life in a manner which is consistent with God's revealed truth (Psalms 25:5; Proverbs 16:13, 23:23; John 1:14 & 17; 14:6; II Timothy 2:15). The School is committed to academic excellence in helping students to develop their abilities to learn and discover truth, which can only be properly understood in the context of God's Word and in the example of the Lord Jesus Christ.//We celebrate each student`s gifts: honors, Advanced Placement, and Duel Enrollment options (by 11th grade). Additional opportunities such as regional competitions for music and academics through Association of Christian Schools International.//Spiritual Growth: Biblical integration in all classes, Bible class, worship team, service outreach, missions, prayer buddies, and weekly chapels.// Extra -Curricular opportunities: We have a variety of athletic options: Soccer, Basketball, Cross-Country, and Volleyball. Additional academic options: Spanish (PreK-12), Lego Robotics, Journalism, Creative Writing, and Debate. We also focus on the arts through a music program, including a band, worship team, choir, hand bells and chimes, private lessons (piano, violin, guitar, and various other band instruments).
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Blue Ridge Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.