Cornerstone Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Since our beginning in 1990, Cornerstone Christian School has grown into a school with a large vision built upon a strong foundation of character, academics and ministry.
- CCS exists to help students live Biblically, learn effectively and minister with passion.
- As home, school and church work together, students will embrace a Biblical worldview and impact their community, nation and world for Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,795|
|Tuition Notes||New student registration $100/student Curriculum Fee $200/student (K-8)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Shafer|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Minimum requirements for admission to Cornerstone Christian School:
- Return completed application to the school office along with a non-refundable $25 application fee per student
- Receipt of official transcripts, educational records and immunization records (if applicable) and teacher recommendation.
- Readiness testing for Kindergarten students and placement testing or student evaluation for 1st - 8th grade students
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) support the mission and vision of Cornerstone Christian School and agree to all sections of the Parents' Commitment
- Parent meeting with the Principal
- Students applying for grades 6-8 interview with the Principal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Harrisonburg Grades: K-12 | 363 students
801 Parkwood Dr
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
(540)236-6021 3 K-12
- Harrisonburg Grades: K-8 | 27 students
342 Neff Ave
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
(540)564-1744 4 K-8
- Harrisonburg Grades: PK-4 | 59 students
1301 Virginia Avenue
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
(540)432-2611 2.8 PK-4
Teaching at Cornerstone does not feel like a job. It is a ministry, and I love it! Cornerstone is unique in the fact that a child`s heart and their relationship with God are of highest priority. Students are prayed over, shepherded, and guided more than just told to straighten up and follow the rules. I love the grace of God in the process. Because our focus is on each student`s relationship with God more than their grades it affects the atmosphere of the whole school. My favorite part of teaching at Cornerstone is the family atmosphere. Teachers, staff, parents, and students care about one another. This fosters a relaxed atmosphere of care rather than stress and competition. And learning takes place as well! The school is certified by ACSI. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in grade school, and have always enjoyed working with young children. Watching the "lightbulb" moments and seeing their progress in all areas brings me great joy. The most important lesson that I want my students to take with them from their time with me is that everyone makes mistakes and that`s OK. We learn through making mistakes whether that`s in learning to write cursive or read or in our relationships with one another. We need to admit our mistakes, ask for forgiveness, give forgiveness, and move on. I make a point to point out my own mistakes as well!
- Posted by Teacher - lorib
Both of my children attended Cornerstone Christian School from Kindergarten thru 8th grade. When my oldest child graduated from CCS and transitioned into public high school, I became even more aware of how thankful I was to have had him at CCS! CCS prepared him to be able to think critically and Biblically when faced with the public school culture and not just accept everything that came his way. My youngest son just graduated from CCS, and he has also been well prepared for high school. CCS builds a strong foundation in its students, both Biblically and academically. It is a worthwhile investment in the lives of your children! I would highly recommend it!
- Posted by Parent - jlsla
Cornerstone focuses on reaching the heart of the child. The school, home, and church all work together to raise the child with a good foundation, grounded in Biblical truth, ready to be a light for Christ within their families, community, and the world. The bible and worship are integrated throughout the academic program, which is itself a gold standard. I highly recommended Cornerstone Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - stacy
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.