Top Virginia Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 64 top school membership associations in Virginia, serving 624 private schools (62% of all schools) and 115,372 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (19% of schools), Other school association(s) (15% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (14% of schools).
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo - The Saint Ann Junior CYO Athletic Program provides athletic opportunities to students in all grades. In addition to providing a variety of team sports opportunities, our program is also committed to teaching Saint Ann students about sportsmanship, teamwork and goal achievement, all within the principles of Christianity.
Virginia Academy Photo - Virginia Academy, a ministry of Community Church, is located in the heart of Loudoun County on Route 7. Our 100,000 square foot facility houses 32 classrooms including two science labs, a digital resource lab, as well as an 800 seat main auditorium, 4 multipurpose multi-media activity rooms, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
St. Stephens and St. Agnes School Photo - Lower School Campus, Grades JK-5: Learn more about our Lower School program at http://www.sssas.org/lower
Roanoke Catholic School Photo - A look over the Roanoke Catholic School campus and the surrounding area. Roanoke is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has the perfect balance between city and nature.
Westminster School Photo - The beautiful school sits on a campus of approximately seven acres located in the heart of Fairfax County, just minutes from the beltway.
Loudoun Country Day School Photo - Middle school students participate in the traditional Blue and Green Games in September after bonding in a week of activities, including using zip lines, rock climbing, and river rafting. The middle school is divided between blue and green teams throughout the year. Here they pose together after a day of outside activities.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo - It is Massanutten's stated mission to produce confident, capable citizens prepared for leadership. Each cadet participates in our specialized personal development program providing your student with a strong background in social emotional learning and social awareness.
Nysmith School for the Gifted Photo - 1:9 teacher/ student ratio allows teachers to help every child succeed. At The Nysmith School, students receive 45 minutes of hands-on science instruction every day.
Fairfax Christian School Photo - Fairfax Christian School lower school students benefit from exceptional teachers, and advanced curriculum.
St Thomas Aquinas Regional School Photo - St. Thomas Aquinas Regional School 5th grade class performed several weeks of experiments with employees from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Prince William Academy Photo - Learning takes a hands-on approach as students measure and calculate the perimeter and area of shapes on the sidewalk.
Top Virginia Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools463 Students28.71% Minority
- 1 Schools113 Students16.50% Minority
- 45 Schools11,838 Students23.44% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students96.43% Minority
- 30 Schools3,784 Students30.11% Minority
- 60 Schools5,350 Students32.28% Minority
- 8 Schools646 Students16.61% Minority
- 118 Schools19,761 Students21.59% Minority
- 10 Schools1,234 Students53.10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,460 Students14.87% Minority
- 6 Schools1,421 Students37.41% Minority
- 3 Schools395 Students11.37% Minority
- 1 Schools144 Students80.56% Minority
- 1 Schools190 Students9.64% Minority
- 5 Schools999 Students21.98% Minority
- 2 Schools344 Students73.94% Minority
- 4 Schools1,081 Students12.26% Minority
- 6 Schools517 Students36.11% Minority
- 3 Schools248 Students23.21% Minority
- 2 Schools389 Students15.95% Minority
- 9 Schools449 Students61.17% Minority
- 1 Schools110 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools804 Students29.68% Minority
- 4 Schools1,495 Students30.22% Minority
- 1 Schools54 Students11.43% Minority
- 1 Schools193 Students79.22% Minority
- 3 Schools382 Students24.00% Minority
- 2 Schools305 Students87.79% Minority
- 1 Schools409 Students31.74% Minority
- 2 Schools1,944 Students62.50% Minority
- 72 Schools7,492 Students26.02% Minority
- 2 Schools783 Students21.97% Minority
- 5 Schools2,866 Students9.01% Minority
- 18 Schools6,183 Students16.20% Minority
- 88 Schools31,907 Students17.50% Minority
- 2 Schools63 Students59.57% Minority
- 2 Schools590 Students8.05% Minority
- 11 Schools2,370 Students68.97% Minority
- 2 Schools753 Students40.50% Minority
- 58 Schools20,679 Students22.24% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students31.32% Minority
- 1 Schools139 Students57.14% Minority
- 8 Schools1,986 Students15.86% Minority
- 5 Schools811 Students42.12% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students52.50% Minority
- 1 Schools191 Students26.00% Minority
- 1 Schools176 Students7.74% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools198 Students3.13% Minority
- 3 Schools338 Students92.41% Minority
- 11 Schools406 Students22.66% Minority
- 18 Schools1,402 Students29.37% Minority
- 34 Schools4,578 Students30.91% Minority
- 96 Schools18,648 Students24.29% Minority
- 22 Schools2,923 Students31.94% Minority
- 1 Schools508 Students8.46% Minority
- 2 Schools514 Students9.35% Minority
- 61 Schools23,142 Students17.97% Minority
- 12 Schools4,023 Students13.20% Minority
- 6 Schools543 Students20.60% Minority
- 44 Schools12,528 Students26.40% Minority
- 11 Schools3,302 Students21.52% Minority
- 86 Schools27,517 Students16.54% Minority
- 2 Schools233 Students15.54% Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.