Top Virginia Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 69 top school membership associations in Virginia, serving 638 private schools (62% of all schools) and 113,409 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (18% of schools), Other school association(s) (15% of schools) and Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) (14% of schools).
Massanutten Military Academy Photo - Our newly renovated library and media center is open all day and throughout evening study hours for cadets to use. The entire MMA campus is equipped with high speed wireless to provide classrooms, common areas, and dorm rooms with internet service.
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School Photo - Lower School Campus, Grades JK-5: Learn more about our Lower School program at http://www.sssas.org/lower
Westminster School Photo - The beautiful school sits on a campus of approximately seven acres located in the heart of Fairfax County, just minutes from the beltway.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo - Our small class size means that each student receives more personal attention as well as the individualized educational and spiritual guidance that promotes strong academic and leadership skills.
Oakcrest School Photo - Oakcrest School is an independent school for girls in grades 6-12 guided by the teachings of the Catholic Church. For over 40 years, the school has provided an exceptional liberal arts education to girls of all faiths while fulfilling its mission to challenge and inspire its students to thrive in college and throughout their lives. Learn more at Oakcrest.org.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo - A look over the Roanoke Catholic School campus and the surrounding area. Roanoke is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has the perfect balance between city and nature.
Virginia Episcopal School Photo - Jett Hall is our main building on the VES campus. This original building, constructed in 1916, is where we welcome guests to campus. It houses our administration, Admissions, Development, Marketing and Business offices, holds classrooms and our Day Student Lounge.
Fairfax Christian School Photo - Fairfax Christian School lower school students benefit from exceptional teachers, and advanced curriculum.
Randolph-Macon Academy Photo - R-MA's beautiful 135-acre campus is located just 1 hour away from Washington D.C. in Front Royal, Virginia.
Norfolk Academy Photo - Norfolk Academy is a private, coeducational day school serving students in grades 1-12. Founded in 1728, the school has an exciting history and many traditions that shape the student experience. The most important of these is the student-led Honor System, which shapes school's community of trust.
Virginia Academy Photo - Virginia Academy, a ministry of Community Church, is located in the heart of Loudoun County on Route 7. Our 100,000 square foot facility houses 32 classrooms including two science labs, a digital resource lab, as well as an 800 seat main auditorium, 4 multipurpose multi-media activity rooms, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
Top Virginia Private Schools by Membership Association (2020-21)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 16 Schools484 Students27.54% Minority
- 1 Schools119 Students16.50% Minority
- 47 Schools11,746 Students25.58% Minority
- 1 Schools141 Students9.64% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students96.43% Minority
- 28 Schools3,424 Students31.12% Minority
- 63 Schools5,672 Students37.57% Minority
- 11 Schools882 Students25.27% Minority
- 1 Schools100 Students34.78% Minority
- 114 Schools18,764 Students23.79% Minority
- 12 Schools1,493 Students58.51% Minority
- 13 Schools2,424 Students21.79% Minority
- 6 Schools994 Students39.98% Minority
- 3 Schools338 Students11.37% Minority
- 1 Schools144 Students80.56% Minority
- 1 Schools141 Students9.64% Minority
- 5 Schools863 Students35.05% Minority
- 2 Schools344 Students73.94% Minority
- 4 Schools615 Students11.48% Minority
- 6 Schools531 Students36.11% Minority
- 2 Schools115 Students18.18% Minority
- 2 Schools389 Students15.95% Minority
- 9 Schools452 Students62.16% Minority
- 1 Schools60 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools804 Students29.68% Minority
- 3 Schools1,133 Students5.69% Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students11.43% Minority
- 1 Schools193 Students79.22% Minority
- 3 Schools360 Students24.29% Minority
- 2 Schools305 Students87.79% Minority
- 1 Schools409 Students31.74% Minority
- 2 Schools1,948 Students69.23% Minority
- 1 Schools259 Students5.00% Minority
- 71 Schools7,742 Students25.14% Minority
- 2 Schools785 Students21.97% Minority
- 5 Schools2,866 Students9.01% Minority
- 17 Schools6,181 Students18.13% Minority
- 86 Schools29,765 Students17.29% Minority
- 2 Schools63 Students59.57% Minority
- 2 Schools590 Students8.05% Minority
- 11 Schools2,390 Students71.98% Minority
- 2 Schools742 Students43.85% Minority
- 57 Schools20,188 Students24.47% Minority
- 4 Schools248 Students38.00% Minority
- 1 Schools152 Students34.78% Minority
- 8 Schools1,899 Students17.25% Minority
- 6 Schools838 Students46.09% Minority
- 4 Schools361 Students60.82% Minority
- 1 Schools205 Students26.00% Minority
- 1 Schools176 Students7.74% Minority
- 4 Schools166 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools198 Students3.13% Minority
- 3 Schools276 Students95.03% Minority
- 1 Schools72 Students2.99% Minority
- 13 Schools536 Students18.41% Minority
- 17 Schools1,373 Students33.89% Minority
- 36 Schools4,854 Students34.93% Minority
- 98 Schools18,740 Students22.25% Minority
- 23 Schools2,804 Students31.89% Minority
- 1 Schools508 Students8.46% Minority
- 2 Schools493 Students14.48% Minority
- 59 Schools23,644 Students18.80% Minority
- 16 Schools4,922 Students18.95% Minority
- 6 Schools581 Students29.37% Minority
- 48 Schools11,934 Students29.66% Minority
- 11 Schools2,240 Students21.52% Minority
- 88 Schools26,882 Students16.47% Minority
- 2 Schools232 Students15.54% Minority
- 1 Schools86 Students45.33% Minority
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.