Top Virginia Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 63 top school membership associations in Virginia, serving 626 private schools (61% of all schools) and 115,915 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (19% of schools), Other school association(s) (16% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (14% of schools).
Massanutten Academy Photo - It is Massanutten's stated mission to produce confident, capable citizens prepared for leadership. Each cadet participates in our specialized personal development program providing your student with a strong background in social emotional learning and social awareness.
St. Stephens and St. Agnes School Photo - Lower School Campus, Grades JK-5: Learn more about our Lower School program at http://www.sssas.org/lower
Virginia Academy Photo - Virginia Academy, a ministry of Community Church, is located in the heart of Loudoun County on Route 7. Our 100,000 square foot facility houses 32 classrooms including two science labs, a digital resource lab, as well as an 800 seat main auditorium, 4 multipurpose multi-media activity rooms, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo - A look over the Roanoke Catholic School campus and the surrounding area. Roanoke is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has the perfect balance between city and nature.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo - Saint Ann Catholic School is committed to both spiritual and academic excellence.
Norfolk Academy Photo - Norfolk Academy is a private, coeducational day school serving students in grades 1-12. Founded in 1728, the school has an exciting history and many traditions that shape the student experience. The most important of these is the student-led Honor System, which shapes school's community of trust.
Fairfax Christian School Photo - Fairfax Christian School lower school students benefit from exceptional teachers, and advanced curriculum.
Westminster School Photo - The beautiful school sits on a campus of approximately seven acres located in the heart of Fairfax County, just minutes from the beltway.
Loudoun Country Day School Photo - Middle school students participate in the traditional Blue and Green Games in September after bonding in a week of activities, including using zip lines, rock climbing, and river rafting. The middle school is divided between blue and green teams throughout the year. Here they pose together after a day of outside activities.
Nysmith School for the Gifted Photo - 1:9 teacher/ student ratio allows teachers to help every child succeed. At The Nysmith School, students receive 45 minutes of hands-on science instruction every day.
Warwick River Christian School Photo - Parents rated Warwick River Christian School in the top 10% nationally for satisfaction with Christian schools.
Top Virginia Private Schools by Membership Association (2018-19)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools463 Students28.71% Minority
- 1 Schools113 Students16.50% Minority
- 44 Schools11,365 Students23.49% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students96.43% Minority
- 31 Schools3,950 Students30.64% Minority
- 60 Schools5,331 Students32.47% Minority
- 8 Schools622 Students16.61% Minority
- 120 Schools20,421 Students21.93% Minority
- 10 Schools1,234 Students53.10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,375 Students14.87% Minority
- 6 Schools1,462 Students37.41% Minority
- 3 Schools395 Students11.37% Minority
- 1 Schools144 Students80.56% Minority
- 1 Schools190 Students9.64% Minority
- 5 Schools999 Students21.98% Minority
- 2 Schools344 Students73.94% Minority
- 3 Schools918 Students11.90% Minority
- 6 Schools509 Students36.11% Minority
- 3 Schools248 Students23.21% Minority
- 2 Schools392 Students15.95% Minority
- 9 Schools449 Students61.17% Minority
- 1 Schools110 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools804 Students29.68% Minority
- 4 Schools1,480 Students30.22% Minority
- 1 Schools193 Students79.22% Minority
- 3 Schools382 Students24.00% Minority
- 2 Schools305 Students87.79% Minority
- 1 Schools409 Students31.74% Minority
- 2 Schools1,944 Students62.50% Minority
- 70 Schools7,142 Students26.07% Minority
- 2 Schools783 Students21.97% Minority
- 5 Schools2,866 Students9.01% Minority
- 19 Schools6,447 Students16.03% Minority
- 86 Schools31,747 Students17.52% Minority
- 2 Schools63 Students59.57% Minority
- 2 Schools590 Students8.05% Minority
- 12 Schools2,407 Students65.78% Minority
- 2 Schools753 Students40.50% Minority
- 58 Schools20,748 Students22.24% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students31.32% Minority
- 1 Schools139 Students57.14% Minority
- 8 Schools1,986 Students15.86% Minority
- 5 Schools811 Students42.12% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students52.50% Minority
- 1 Schools182 Students26.00% Minority
- 1 Schools176 Students7.74% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools198 Students3.13% Minority
- 3 Schools338 Students92.41% Minority
- 11 Schools398 Students22.66% Minority
- 18 Schools1,402 Students29.37% Minority
- 34 Schools4,568 Students30.91% Minority
- 98 Schools18,993 Students24.29% Minority
- 22 Schools2,914 Students31.94% Minority
- 1 Schools508 Students8.46% Minority
- 2 Schools514 Students9.35% Minority
- 62 Schools23,335 Students18.00% Minority
- 11 Schools3,735 Students13.20% Minority
- 6 Schools543 Students20.60% Minority
- 44 Schools12,567 Students26.40% Minority
- 11 Schools3,342 Students21.52% Minority
- 85 Schools27,431 Students16.55% Minority
- 2 Schools233 Students15.54% Minority
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.