Top Virginia Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 63 top school membership associations in Virginia, serving 624 private schools (61% of all schools) and 115,638 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (19% of schools), Other school association(s) (16% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (14% of schools).
Westminster School Photo - The beautiful school sits on a campus of approximately seven acres located in the heart of Fairfax County, just minutes from the beltway.
Loudoun Country Day School Photo - Middle school students participate in the traditional Blue and Green Games in September after bonding in a week of activities, including using zip lines, rock climbing, and river rafting. The middle school is divided between blue and green teams throughout the year. Here they pose together after a day of outside activities.
Norfolk Academy Photo - Norfolk Academy is a private, coeducational day school serving students in grades 1-12. Founded in 1728, the school has an exciting history and many traditions that shape the student experience. The most important of these is the student-led Honor System, which shapes school's community of trust.
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo - The Saint Ann Junior CYO Athletic Program provides athletic opportunities to students in all grades. In addition to providing a variety of team sports opportunities, our program is also committed to teaching Saint Ann students about sportsmanship, teamwork and goal achievement, all within the principles of Christianity.
Nysmith School for the Gifted Photo - 1:9 teacher/ student ratio allows teachers to help every child succeed. At The Nysmith School, students receive 45 minutes of hands-on science instruction every day.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo - A look over the Roanoke Catholic School campus and the surrounding area. Roanoke is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has the perfect balance between city and nature.
Virginia Academy Photo - Virginia Academy, a ministry of Community Church, is located in the heart of Loudoun County on Route 7. Our 100,000 square foot facility houses 32 classrooms including two science labs, a digital resource lab, as well as an 800 seat main auditorium, 4 multipurpose multi-media activity rooms, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
St. Stephens and St. Agnes School Photo - Lower School Campus, Grades JK-5: Learn more about our Lower School program at http://www.sssas.org/lower
Fairfax Christian School Photo - Fairfax Christian School lower school students benefit from exceptional teachers, and advanced curriculum.
Massanutten Academy Photo - It is Massanutten's stated mission to produce confident, capable citizens prepared for leadership. Each cadet participates in our specialized personal development program providing your student with a strong background in social emotional learning and social awareness.
Village Montessori School At Bluemont Photo - The beautiful setting of Village Montessori School at Bluemont.
Richmond Christian School Photo - Newly crowned homecoming king with our elementary attendants (children of alumni).
Top Virginia Private Schools by Membership Association (2018-19)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools463 Students28.71% Minority
- 1 Schools113 Students16.50% Minority
- 42 Schools11,252 Students23.49% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students96.43% Minority
- 30 Schools3,802 Students30.11% Minority
- 61 Schools5,363 Students32.47% Minority
- 8 Schools622 Students16.61% Minority
- 119 Schools20,259 Students22.00% Minority
- 10 Schools1,234 Students53.10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,387 Students14.87% Minority
- 6 Schools1,421 Students37.41% Minority
- 3 Schools395 Students11.37% Minority
- 1 Schools144 Students80.56% Minority
- 1 Schools190 Students9.64% Minority
- 5 Schools999 Students21.98% Minority
- 2 Schools344 Students73.94% Minority
- 3 Schools918 Students11.90% Minority
- 6 Schools509 Students36.11% Minority
- 3 Schools248 Students23.21% Minority
- 2 Schools392 Students15.95% Minority
- 9 Schools449 Students61.17% Minority
- 1 Schools110 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools804 Students29.68% Minority
- 4 Schools1,480 Students30.22% Minority
- 1 Schools193 Students79.22% Minority
- 3 Schools382 Students24.00% Minority
- 2 Schools305 Students87.79% Minority
- 1 Schools409 Students31.74% Minority
- 2 Schools1,944 Students62.50% Minority
- 70 Schools7,167 Students26.07% Minority
- 2 Schools783 Students21.97% Minority
- 5 Schools2,866 Students9.01% Minority
- 19 Schools6,447 Students16.03% Minority
- 86 Schools31,706 Students17.52% Minority
- 2 Schools63 Students59.57% Minority
- 2 Schools590 Students8.05% Minority
- 12 Schools2,407 Students65.78% Minority
- 2 Schools753 Students40.50% Minority
- 58 Schools20,743 Students22.24% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students31.32% Minority
- 1 Schools139 Students57.14% Minority
- 8 Schools1,986 Students15.86% Minority
- 5 Schools811 Students42.12% Minority
- 4 Schools347 Students52.50% Minority
- 1 Schools182 Students26.00% Minority
- 1 Schools176 Students7.74% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools198 Students3.13% Minority
- 3 Schools338 Students92.41% Minority
- 11 Schools398 Students22.66% Minority
- 18 Schools1,402 Students29.37% Minority
- 34 Schools4,568 Students30.91% Minority
- 97 Schools18,770 Students24.29% Minority
- 22 Schools2,914 Students31.94% Minority
- 1 Schools508 Students8.46% Minority
- 2 Schools514 Students9.35% Minority
- 61 Schools23,330 Students18.00% Minority
- 12 Schools4,005 Students13.20% Minority
- 6 Schools543 Students20.60% Minority
- 44 Schools12,526 Students26.40% Minority
- 11 Schools3,301 Students21.52% Minority
- 85 Schools27,468 Students16.55% Minority
- 2 Schools233 Students15.54% Minority
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.