Top Virginia Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 64 top school membership associations in Virginia, serving 621 private schools (62% of all schools) and 114,536 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (19% of schools), Other school association(s) (15% of schools) and Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) (14% of schools).
Loudoun Country Day School Photo - Middle school students participate in the traditional Blue and Green Games in September after bonding in a week of activities, including using zip lines, rock climbing, and river rafting. The middle school is divided between blue and green teams throughout the year. Here they pose together after a day of outside activities.
Massanutten Military Academy Photo - It is Massanutten's stated mission to produce confident, capable citizens prepared for leadership. Each cadet participates in our specialized personal development program providing your student with a strong background in social emotional learning and social awareness.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo - A look over the Roanoke Catholic School campus and the surrounding area. Roanoke is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has the perfect balance between city and nature.
Nysmith School for the Gifted Photo - 1:9 teacher/ student ratio allows teachers to help every child succeed. At The Nysmith School, students receive 45 minutes of hands-on science instruction every day.
Virginia Episcopal School Photo - Jett Hall is our main building on the VES campus. This original building, constructed in 1916, is where we welcome guests to campus. It houses our administration, Admissions, Development, Marketing and Business offices, holds classrooms and our Day Student Lounge.
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School Photo - Lower School Campus, Grades JK-5: Learn more about our Lower School program at http://www.sssas.org/lower
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo - Our small class size means that each student receives more personal attention as well as the individualized educational and spiritual guidance that promotes strong academic and leadership skills.
Virginia Academy Photo - Virginia Academy, a ministry of Community Church, is located in the heart of Loudoun County on Route 7. Our 100,000 square foot facility houses 32 classrooms including two science labs, a digital resource lab, as well as an 800 seat main auditorium, 4 multipurpose multi-media activity rooms, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
Norfolk Academy Photo - Norfolk Academy is a private, coeducational day school serving students in grades 1-12. Founded in 1728, the school has an exciting history and many traditions that shape the student experience. The most important of these is the student-led Honor System, which shapes school's community of trust.
Westminster School Photo - The beautiful school sits on a campus of approximately seven acres located in the heart of Fairfax County, just minutes from the beltway.
Fairfax Christian School Photo - Fairfax Christian School lower school students benefit from exceptional teachers, and advanced curriculum.
Top Virginia Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 15 Schools463 Students28.71% Minority
- 1 Schools113 Students16.50% Minority
- 45 Schools11,838 Students23.44% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students96.43% Minority
- 30 Schools3,768 Students30.11% Minority
- 60 Schools5,528 Students32.28% Minority
- 8 Schools646 Students16.61% Minority
- 118 Schools19,799 Students21.59% Minority
- 10 Schools1,234 Students53.10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,460 Students14.87% Minority
- 6 Schools1,421 Students37.41% Minority
- 3 Schools394 Students11.37% Minority
- 1 Schools144 Students80.56% Minority
- 1 Schools162 Students9.64% Minority
- 5 Schools999 Students21.98% Minority
- 2 Schools344 Students73.94% Minority
- 4 Schools1,085 Students12.26% Minority
- 6 Schools517 Students36.11% Minority
- 2 Schools114 Students20.00% Minority
- 2 Schools389 Students15.95% Minority
- 9 Schools448 Students61.17% Minority
- 1 Schools110 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools804 Students29.68% Minority
- 4 Schools1,500 Students30.22% Minority
- 1 Schools54 Students11.43% Minority
- 1 Schools193 Students79.22% Minority
- 3 Schools382 Students24.00% Minority
- 2 Schools305 Students87.79% Minority
- 1 Schools409 Students31.74% Minority
- 2 Schools1,944 Students62.50% Minority
- 71 Schools7,396 Students25.98% Minority
- 2 Schools789 Students21.97% Minority
- 5 Schools2,866 Students9.01% Minority
- 18 Schools6,176 Students16.20% Minority
- 86 Schools31,549 Students17.51% Minority
- 2 Schools63 Students59.57% Minority
- 2 Schools590 Students8.05% Minority
- 11 Schools2,370 Students68.97% Minority
- 2 Schools746 Students40.50% Minority
- 58 Schools20,679 Students22.24% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students31.32% Minority
- 1 Schools139 Students57.14% Minority
- 8 Schools1,986 Students15.86% Minority
- 5 Schools795 Students42.12% Minority
- 4 Schools356 Students52.50% Minority
- 1 Schools191 Students26.00% Minority
- 1 Schools176 Students7.74% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools198 Students3.13% Minority
- 3 Schools338 Students92.41% Minority
- 11 Schools406 Students22.66% Minority
- 18 Schools1,411 Students29.37% Minority
- 34 Schools4,578 Students30.91% Minority
- 95 Schools17,863 Students20.86% Minority
- 22 Schools2,923 Students31.94% Minority
- 1 Schools508 Students8.46% Minority
- 2 Schools514 Students9.35% Minority
- 62 Schools24,368 Students17.91% Minority
- 12 Schools4,029 Students13.20% Minority
- 6 Schools543 Students20.60% Minority
- 43 Schools12,399 Students26.42% Minority
- 11 Schools3,303 Students21.52% Minority
- 88 Schools27,801 Students16.55% Minority
- 2 Schools232 Students15.54% Minority
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.