Top Virginia Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2020 school year, there are 64 top school membership associations in Virginia, serving 618 private schools (61% of all schools) and 115,183 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (19% of schools), Other school association(s) (15% of schools) and Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) (14% of schools).
Fairfax Christian School Photo - Fairfax Christian School lower school students benefit from exceptional teachers, and advanced curriculum.
Oakcrest School Photo - Oakcrest School is an independent school for girls in grades 6-12 guided by the teachings of the Catholic Church. For over 40 years, the school has provided an exceptional liberal arts education to girls of all faiths while fulfilling its mission to challenge and inspire its students to thrive in college and throughout their lives. Learn more at Oakcrest.org.
Virginia Episcopal School Photo - Jett Hall is our main building on the VES campus. This original building, constructed in 1916, is where we welcome guests to campus. It houses our administration, Admissions, Development, Marketing and Business offices, holds classrooms and our Day Student Lounge.
Nysmith School for the Gifted Photo - 1:9 teacher/ student ratio allows teachers to help every child succeed. At The Nysmith School, students receive 45 minutes of hands-on science instruction every day.
Westminster School Photo - The beautiful school sits on a campus of approximately seven acres located in the heart of Fairfax County, just minutes from the beltway.
Loudoun Country Day School Photo - Third grade classes traditionally collect food and provide gift cards for Interfaith Relief as part of their community service projects. Their goal is to collect enough food and gift cards for 100 complete Thanksgiving dinners.
Roanoke Catholic School Photo - A look over the Roanoke Catholic School campus and the surrounding area. Roanoke is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and has the perfect balance between city and nature.
St. Stephen's and St. Agnes School Photo - Lower School math class: Learn more about Lower School academics at http://www.sssas.org/lower
Saint Ann Catholic School Photo - We achieve personal excellence in an academic community that natures mind, body and soul. We inspire one another to glorify God by embracing his call to love and serve.
Children's House Montessori School Photo - Our Preschool Program serves children ages 3 to 6 years old. Our Montessori Preschool environment is an amazing opportunity to begin or continue your preschooler's educational journey.
Montessori Children's House of Loudoun Photo - MCHL is open all year! We accept children between the ages of 6 weeks to 6 years old. We also offer a full-day kindergarten and a bi-lingual Spanish and Mandarin class. Please stop in for a tour.
Top Virginia Private Schools by Membership Association (2020)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 14 Schools436 Students30.46% Minority
- 1 Schools113 Students16.50% Minority
- 45 Schools11,792 Students23.44% Minority
- 1 Schools49 Students96.43% Minority
- 30 Schools3,760 Students30.11% Minority
- 60 Schools5,523 Students32.28% Minority
- 8 Schools646 Students16.61% Minority
- 115 Schools19,412 Students21.89% Minority
- 10 Schools1,234 Students53.10% Minority
- 13 Schools2,460 Students14.87% Minority
- 6 Schools1,421 Students37.41% Minority
- 3 Schools394 Students11.37% Minority
- 1 Schools144 Students80.56% Minority
- 1 Schools162 Students9.64% Minority
- 5 Schools999 Students21.98% Minority
- 2 Schools344 Students73.94% Minority
- 4 Schools1,085 Students12.26% Minority
- 6 Schools517 Students36.11% Minority
- 2 Schools114 Students20.00% Minority
- 2 Schools389 Students15.95% Minority
- 9 Schools448 Students61.17% Minority
- 1 Schools110 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools804 Students29.68% Minority
- 4 Schools1,459 Students30.22% Minority
- 1 Schools54 Students11.43% Minority
- 1 Schools193 Students79.22% Minority
- 3 Schools382 Students24.00% Minority
- 2 Schools305 Students87.79% Minority
- 1 Schools409 Students31.74% Minority
- 2 Schools1,944 Students62.50% Minority
- 71 Schools7,396 Students25.98% Minority
- 2 Schools789 Students21.97% Minority
- 5 Schools2,866 Students9.01% Minority
- 17 Schools6,079 Students16.18% Minority
- 85 Schools31,800 Students16.59% Minority
- 2 Schools63 Students59.57% Minority
- 2 Schools590 Students8.05% Minority
- 11 Schools2,370 Students68.97% Minority
- 2 Schools746 Students40.50% Minority
- 58 Schools20,639 Students22.24% Minority
- 4 Schools277 Students31.32% Minority
- 1 Schools139 Students57.14% Minority
- 8 Schools1,986 Students15.86% Minority
- 5 Schools795 Students42.12% Minority
- 4 Schools356 Students52.50% Minority
- 1 Schools191 Students26.00% Minority
- 1 Schools176 Students7.74% Minority
- 3 Schools169 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools198 Students3.13% Minority
- 3 Schools338 Students92.41% Minority
- 12 Schools511 Students17.91% Minority
- 18 Schools1,411 Students29.37% Minority
- 35 Schools4,543 Students30.92% Minority
- 94 Schools18,401 Students20.89% Minority
- 22 Schools2,923 Students31.94% Minority
- 1 Schools508 Students8.46% Minority
- 2 Schools514 Students9.35% Minority
- 61 Schools24,625 Students18.05% Minority
- 14 Schools4,497 Students20.14% Minority
- 6 Schools543 Students20.60% Minority
- 43 Schools12,179 Students26.42% Minority
- 11 Schools3,303 Students21.52% Minority
- 89 Schools28,233 Students16.54% Minority
- 2 Schools232 Students15.54% Minority
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.