Virginia Religiously Affiliated Schools
- There are 472 religiously affiliated private schools in Virginia (51% of all schools), serving 85,096 students.
Virginia Academy, a ministry of Community Church, is located in the heart of Loudoun County on Route 7. Our 100,000 square foot facility houses 32 classrooms including two science labs, a digital resource lab, as well as an 800 seat main auditorium, 4 multipurpose multi-media activity rooms, cafeteria, and administrative offices.
Fairfax Christian School lower school students benefit from exceptional teachers, and advanced curriculum.
Tappahannock Junior Academy has a great Choir and Bells program that performs once a month through the school year. We also have a 'Learn to Ski/Snowboard' program that runs one day a week for six weeks. The teachers enjoy challenging their students academically and helping them to make lasting friendships. Our Mission Statement: To create a climate that will exemplify and encourage a Christ-like character and lead your child/student to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Please call the school at 804-443-5076 for more information.
The Lady Gators completed a perfect season in 2009 winning the state championship game in the bottom of the 7th inning 1-0.
The Academy has earned high level academic accreditations with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the International League of Christian Schools as well as the Assocation of Christian Teachers and Schools. We are members of the Virginia Council on Private Education as well as the Association of Christian Schools International. WOLCA partners with Global Academics at the University of Richmond and participates in a wide variety of academic competitions.
Our 5th grade students enjoy Reading Olympics, our annual celebration recognizing the reading accomplishments of our elementary students. Over the summer, students in grades pre-kindergarten through 2 read a total of 1,791 books while our 3 through 5 graders read 45,885 pages. The event takes place each September.
Come and visit our Virginia campus for homeschool student needing added attention from class room teacher.
Virginia Private Schools by Religious Affiliation
- Religious Affiliation# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools421 Students11% Minority
- 10 Schools1,360 Students56% Minority
- 97 Schools13,600 Students28% Minority
- 1 Schools18 Students14% Minority
- 140 Schools20,813 Students22% Minority
- 5 Schools592 Students39% Minority
- 5 Schools377 Students65% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students100% Minority
- 1 Schools75 Students77% Minority
- 31 Schools7,819 Students21% Minority
- 4 Schools740 Students6% Minority
- 3 Schools553 Students21% Minority
- 7 Schools1,366 Students90% Minority
- 7 Schools474 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools1,353 Students29% Minority
- 13 Schools1,165 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools1,938 Students27% Minority
- 6 Schools617 Students21% Minority
- 9 Schools451 Students58% Minority
- 4 Schools698 Students4% Minority
- 85 Schools27,723 Students24% Minority
- 18 Schools2,758 Students49% Minority
- 2 Schools165 Students48% Minority
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.