Fairfax Christian School
- Founded in 1961, the Fairfax Christian School creates scholars with a passion for learning.
- Our talented teachers follow a time-tested curriculum which brings excitement to learning and promotes critical thinking and creativity while focusing on the success and talent of each student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Langauge and Culture, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade. $21,000 - $32,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jenny McCambridge|
|Admissions Associate||Joseph Sun|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Flute Lessons, Foreign Travel, Speech & Debate, Summer Camp|
Club or Organization:
Academic Decathlon, Academic Success, Book Club, Cashflow Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Korean Club, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), Spanish Club, Teenage Republicans, Yearbook, Young Christians Club
Arts and Music Programs:
A Cappella Choir, After School Art Classes, Concert Band, Drama Club, Fife & Drum Corps, Jazz Band, Music Ensemble, Musicals, Piano Lessons, Violin Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet, Fitness Club, Ping Pong Club, Soccer Camp
- The Fairfax Christian School uses a traditional university-prep curriculum. Our fully integrated, time-tested program begins in Pre-Kindergarten and continues through 12th grade. Much of the curriculum at the Fairfax Christian School has been used for nearly fifty years. All classes are taught from a Christian worldview. Students receive a traditional education with an emphasis on academic excellence. Students are expected to strive to reach their maximum potential. Our faculty work together to ensure students develop a passion for learning that endures through their lifetimes. Beginning with the McGuffey Readers in kindergarten, students are challenged with time-tested texts and materials, gaining a full educational experience grounded in a Christian perspective. All students at the Fairfax Christian School work at an honors level. The middle school offers Pre-Advanced Placement course work and the high school has a full Advanced Placement curriculum. The Fairfax Christian School also runs the Center for American Culture, a comprehensive program for international students that includes ESL courses. Graduates of Fairfax Christian School are ready for top universities. They are world-class leaders with a foundation of strong morals, ethics, self-discipline, personal responsibility and wisdom.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CentrevilleGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
15452 Lee Highway
Centreville, VA 20120
- OaktonGrades: PK-12 | 998 students
3320 Jermantown Road
Oakton, VA 22124
- FairfaxGrades: 9-12 | 1046 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
- HerndonGrades: PK-12
13525 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
- Fairfax StationGrades: PK-12 | 225 students
6401 Missionary Ln
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
My daughter started studying at Fairfax Christian School since last year. I was amazed by how much she learned in the school as a 1st grader, and how happy she was while learning. Nothing is better than a solid education in a loving and caring environment. We will definitely spend more time in this excellent school.
- Posted by Parent - J
Academic Teachers are focused on the Students and really care about their success over all. They encourage students to do their best in Academics, extracurricular or athletics. Well rounded education with a touch of the Traditional Morals Students need today.
- Posted by Parent - Brenda Yjoung
I believe the early years in a child's education are so important in their overall development and decided to move my daughter from the public school to a private school. My daughter started at Fairfax Christian School in the first grade and it was the best decision I ever made. The school offers a diverse and challenging academic program that promotes a positive atmosphere with an emphasis on respect, morals, and integrity. My daughter is now entering the 6th grade and I am planning for her to continue on all the way through high school. The teachers are excellent, caring, and approachable. I love the smaller classes and the individual attention she receives. The school provides a safe and welcoming environment. Overall, Fairfax Christian School is an outstanding school that develops well rounded kids who go on to be successful citizens. I would recommend this school to anyone without hesitation.
- Posted by Parent - Jane
Fairfax Christian challenged my middle school daughter to really study, learn and do homework. She really like the High School teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Patricia
My experience with Fairfax Christian School has been an excellent one. I like the small class sizes, for students get more one on one with the teacher. The academics are great along with the extracurricular activities that are offered. I do like that we teach from a Christian perspective.
- Posted by Teacher - Teacher
I've taught at several different schools in several different states, and this school is, by far, the best school of them all. The curriculum engages students, and the students excel. And, because of this, the school turns out many scholars. The directors of the school support various areas of study quite equally, whether it's language, math, history, or science, and they support extracurricular programs equally, whether it's sports, civics, or the fine arts. The staff is great to work with too.
- Posted by Teacher - E.D.
The school focuses on academics and has a lot of personal attention. The small class sizes really encourage the students to interact and ask questions. The location in Northern Virginia also provides a lot of opportunities for fun field trips and other extracurriculars. I am very excited to see the new campus next year!
- Posted by Administrator - Rosemary
This is an awesome school. Their goal is to create scholars and the administration and the teachers have the highest standards and the results to show it! They really challenge the students, but are also kind and caring.
- Posted by Parent - Michael
A daughter of mine and three grandchildren have attended FCS. There are some great teachers there and everything is taught from a tradiional Christian world view. Students memorize Bible verses and gain a solid understanding of Scripture, in addition to excelling academically. Sports and music programs are also available, in addition to a large variety of after school clubs and field trips.
- Posted by Parent - Mej
Fairfax Christian School is an amazing place with caring teachers, great curriculum and high standards. It's a real gem in northern Virginia. The middle school band program is excellent. They also have a PGA pro on staff. Golf is available for the lower school students and they do a great job with it!
- Posted by Parent - black
The Fairfax Christian School is the perfect place for our children. The school focuses on academics. However, they have music, arts and even a championship winning flag football team!
- Posted by Parent - willi