Fairfax Christian School
5.00 (11 reviews)
Fairfax Christian School Photo #2 - Since 1961, Fairfax Christian School students have excelled above national standards. Our alumni are leaders in business, education, religion, politics and the arts.
Fairfax Christian School Photo #3 - Fairfax Christian School offers Advanced High School Diplomas in STEM; Business & Economics; and Arts & Letters.
Fairfax Christian School Photo #4 - The Fairfax Christian School offers middle school and high school competitive sports including soccer, basketball, volleyball, flag football, cross country, and golf.
Fairfax Christian School Photo #5 - The Fairfax Christian School offers to-your-door school bus service to most of northern Virginia. Convenient school bus shuttle stops are also available.
Fairfax Christian School Photo #6 - The Fairfax Christian School has a 100% university acceptance rate. Students are accepted and succeed at top universities in the United States and around the world.
Fairfax Christian School Photo #7 - The Fairfax Christian School's time-tested curriculum creates highly educated students who are well versed in math, science, economics, world languages and liberal arts.
Fairfax Christian School Photo #8 - The Fairfax Christian School's NEW Dulles campus includes large, light-filled classrooms, including science labs, computer labs, art studio and music studio; a spacious library for thousands of books and a comfortable, interactive learning experience; performance hall with flexible space that seats up to 400 people; sports facilities including a large gymnasium, locker rooms, playground, athletic fields and golf practice area; and over five acres of undisturbed park-like land, including a tranquil babbling brook.
- Since 1961, the Fairfax Christian School has created scholars with a passion for learning.
- Our talented teachers follow a time-tested curriculum which promotes critical thinking and creativity while focusing on the success and talent of each student. Our small class sizes with individual attention allow each student to thrive, explore their unique abilities, grow in their confidence and in their academic success.
Fairfax Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||396 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Langauge and Culture, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Human Geography, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1343|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Affordable tuition plan. Visit our website for more details.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jenny McCambridge|
|Admissions Associate||Joseph Sun|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Flag Football, Golf, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Fencing, Flag Football,
Golf, Paddle Tennis,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Flute Lessons, Foreign Travel, Speech & Debate, Summer Camp|
Club or Organization:
Academic Decathlon, Academic Success, Book Club, Cashflow Club, Chess Club, Chinese Club, Korean Club, Mu Alpha Theta (Math Honor Society), Spanish Club, Teenage Republicans, Yearbook, Young Christians Club
Arts and Music Programs:
A Cappella Choir, After School Art Classes, Concert Band, Drama Club, Fife & Drum Corps, Jazz Band, Music Ensemble, Musicals, Piano Lessons, Violin Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet, Fitness Club, Ping Pong Club, Soccer Camp
- The Fairfax Christian School creates scholars with a passion for learning. Our talented teachers follow a time-tested curriculum which brings excitement to learning and promotes critical thinking and creativity while focusing on the success and talent of each student.
- Our lower school begins with our phonics-based reading and advanced mathematics programs. Our history, science, art, music, foreign languages and Bible classes allow young students to grow and flourish. In third grade, students begin Latin and in fourth-grade students are introduced to economics.
- Middle school students continue with our core curriculum. They have opportunities to develop an aptitude for analytical and innovative thinking. Technology is used daily and incorporated into every subject. Students develop inner strength and self-discipline which grounds them for future success.
- By high school, our students are prepared for university-level coursework including over twenty Advanced Placement classes. SATpreparation is integrated into the curriculum. A variety of challenging electives allow students to establish expertise in writing, computer science, economics, business, lab sciences, art, and music. Students are encouraged to develop their unique abilities. Our comprehensive program gives students an extraordinary foundation which will benefit them their entire lifetime. Advanced high school diplomas can be earned in STEM; Business & Economics; and, Arts & Letters.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Centreville Grades: PK-12 | 222 students
15452 Lee Highway
Centreville, VA 20120
(703)673-1145 11 PK-12
- Fairfax Grades: 9-12 | 1010 students
10675 Fairfax Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
(703)352-0925 11 9-12
- Fairfax Station Grades: PK-12 | 225 students
6401 Missionary Ln
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
(703)323-8100 16.1 PK-12
My daughter started studying at Fairfax Christian School since last year. I was amazed by how much she learned in the school as a 1st grader, and how happy she was while learning. Nothing is better than a solid education in a loving and caring environment. We will definitely spend more time in this excellent school.
- Posted by Parent - J
Academic Teachers are focused on the Students and really care about their success over all. They encourage students to do their best in Academics, extracurricular or athletics. Well rounded education with a touch of the Traditional Morals Students need today.
- Posted by Parent - Brenda Yjoung
I believe the early years in a child's education are so important in their overall development and decided to move my daughter from the public school to a private school. My daughter started at Fairfax Christian School in the first grade and it was the best decision I ever made. The school offers a diverse and challenging academic program that promotes a positive atmosphere with an emphasis on respect, morals, and integrity. My daughter is now entering the 6th grade and I am planning for her to continue on all the way through high school. The teachers are excellent, caring, and approachable. I love the smaller classes and the individual attention she receives. The school provides a safe and welcoming environment. Overall, Fairfax Christian School is an outstanding school that develops well rounded kids who go on to be successful citizens. I would recommend this school to anyone without hesitation.
- Posted by Parent - Jane
Fairfax Christian challenged my middle school daughter to really study, learn and do homework. She really like the High School teachers.
- Posted by Parent - Patricia
My experience with Fairfax Christian School has been an excellent one. I like the small class sizes, for students get more one on one with the teacher. The academics are great along with the extracurricular activities that are offered. I do like that we teach from a Christian perspective.
- Posted by Teacher - Teacher
I've taught at several different schools in several different states, and this school is, by far, the best school of them all. The curriculum engages students, and the students excel. And, because of this, the school turns out many scholars. The directors of the school support various areas of study quite equally, whether it's language, math, history, or science, and they support extracurricular programs equally, whether it's sports, civics, or the fine arts. The staff is great to work with too.
- Posted by Teacher - E.D.
The school focuses on academics and has a lot of personal attention. The small class sizes really encourage the students to interact and ask questions. The location in Northern Virginia also provides a lot of opportunities for fun field trips and other extracurriculars. I am very excited to see the new campus next year!
- Posted by Administrator - Rosemary
This is an awesome school. Their goal is to create scholars and the administration and the teachers have the highest standards and the results to show it! They really challenge the students, but are also kind and caring.
- Posted by Parent - Michael
A daughter of mine and three grandchildren have attended FCS. There are some great teachers there and everything is taught from a tradiional Christian world view. Students memorize Bible verses and gain a solid understanding of Scripture, in addition to excelling academically. Sports and music programs are also available, in addition to a large variety of after school clubs and field trips.
- Posted by Parent - Mej
Fairfax Christian School is an amazing place with caring teachers, great curriculum and high standards. It's a real gem in northern Virginia. The middle school band program is excellent. They also have a PGA pro on staff. Golf is available for the lower school students and they do a great job with it!
- Posted by Parent - black
The Fairfax Christian School is the perfect place for our children. The school focuses on academics. However, they have music, arts and even a championship winning flag football team!
- Posted by Parent - willi
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.