Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (347) 552-0053
Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy Photo #2 - Upper school students take instrument class at Harlem School of the Arts. Students take a variety of instruments for the year such as clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, and trombone.
Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy Photo #3 - Upperschool students travel to various states and countries. they are at the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. monument in Washington DC.
Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy Photo #4 - Visiting various colleges and universities are our priority. Our students must be exposed to all opportunities that are afforded them. We visit Christian colleges, Black colleges, private universities and public universities. Exposure is the key in choosing the university that fits you best.
Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy Photo #5 - Cultural Studies taught by Bishop Eatman, develops the awareness of their culture and the world around us. He instructs small groups in Black history, literature, the Bible, and Spanish.
Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy Photo #6 - In individual learning, students have their own office for optimal learning and study. Each student works at their own level and pace.
Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy Photo #7 - the creative arts are used to develop the uniqueness that is in every child. Dance, wood working, and sign language are a daily part of the schedule.
- Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy International is a 39 year old institution of quality Christian individualized education.
- Our academy is certified by the New York State Department of Education. We service students from Pre-K through Grade twelve.
- The Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy International endeavors to provide a holistic, students centered approach to the academic experience. Each students development needs are taken into consideration as a comprehensive academic plan is created and shared with the students growth community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Varying tuitions|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Average SAT score||1500|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform mandatory )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Rolling tuition|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy International is a 33 year old institution of quality Christian individualized education. Our academy is certified by the New York State Department of Education. We service students from Pre-K through Grade twelve. The Mt. Pleasant Christian Academy International endeavors to provide a holistic, students centered approach to the academic experience. Each students development needs are taken into consideration as a comprehensive academic plan is created and shared with the students growth community.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-10 | 30 students
2116 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10027
(212) 222-7798 0.3 PK-10
- New York Grades: PK-8 | 326 students
214 W 142nd St
New York, NY 10030
(212) 368-6666 1.1 PK-8
- New York Grades: PK-K | 7 students
102 W 116th St Frnt 1
New York, NY 10026
(212) 662-2200 0.3 PK-K
My son went to the school many years ago and I wanted to enroll my grandson. I think it's closed if not would you happen to have a contact # to reach Pastor Eatmen?
- Posted by Parent - Sherzon Green
I am a former teacher of MPCA. I am so excited to that it has grown over the years. I celebrate Pastor Eatmen and the staff for continuing to do such an excellent job in educating our youth,
- Posted by Teacher - bill.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.