Dominion Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Dominion Christian School is a classical Christian college preparatory school serving the Northern Virginia area since 1996. We seek to kindle a love of learning in our students so that they are equipped to pursue truth and wisdom in all of life's endeavors.
- Our primary goal is to provide students with both the Biblical world view (the conceptual framework which is the definitive interpretation of reality), and the intellectual tools necessary to integrate the data of reality into, and rationally defend that world view.
- Only such an education will enable the student to make ultimate sense of the world in which he lives and equip him to discover the gifts God has given him and fulfill God's purpose for his life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki or navy pants or shorts; white, red, navy polos; skirts and dresses for girls in addition to pants or shorts; dress uniform for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Feb. 27 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- Dominion Christian School serves students in grades K-12 by offering a challenging, college-preparatory education. The program emphasizes biblical worldview; proven classical teaching methods; and rigorous study of classical elements, like ancient history and Latin. Yet we also embrace valuable modern methodologies, such as AP® math courses and advanced sciences. Believing that truly “Christ-centered” education acknowledges God as the author and sustainer of creation, we affirm that the study of the world reflects the One who made it. So, Dominion’s graduates are not only articulate, well-rounded, and deeply thoughtful, but they are also deeply passionate about Christ, His Kingdom, and serving His people.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HerndonGrades: PK-12
13525 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
- ViennaGrades: K-12 | 400 students
1624 Hunter Mill Road
Vienna, VA 22182
- AshburnGrades: PK-12 | 529 students
19790 Ashburn Rd
Ashburn, VA 20147
- FairfaxGrades: K-12 | 694 students
11204 Braddock Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
- RestonGrades: PK-6
10800 Parkridge Blvd.
Reston, VA 20191
I cannot speak highly enough about Dominion, which prepared me so well for college and life in general. The education was outstanding and I have found its rigor to be unmatched in any of the discussion-style classes I have since encountered in college. The education model and people surrounding me empowered my critical thinking skills and pushed me to be the best version of myself. I am still in touch with several of my teachers, who have been incredible intellectual as well as spiritual mentors to me.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jenna Wichterman
Dominion Christian has been an amazing blessing to our family. The dedication of the faculty, staff, and other families create an environment where my children have grown academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally. We experienced so many different schools with years in the military...top ranked public and private schools, and Dominion surpasses them all. My children actually came home and thanked us for sending them to this school the summer after their first year... they had experienced enough to know how special it is!
- Posted by Parent - Clare
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.