Dominion Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Dominion Christian School is a classical Christian college preparatory school serving the Northern Virginia area since 1996. We seek to kindle a love of learning in our students so that they are equipped to pursue truth and wisdom in all of life's endeavors.
- Our primary goal is to provide students with both the Biblical world view (the conceptual framework which is the definitive interpretation of reality), and the intellectual tools necessary to integrate the data of reality into, and rationally defend that world view.
- Only such an education will enable the student to make ultimate sense of the world in which he lives and equip him to discover the gifts God has given him and fulfill God's purpose for his life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 course|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki or navy pants or shorts; white, red, navy polos; skirts and dresses for girls in addition to pants or shorts; dress uniform for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Feb. 27 / rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
- Dominion Christian School serves students in grades K-12 by offering a challenging, college-preparatory education. The program emphasizes biblical worldview; proven classical teaching methods; and rigorous study of classical elements, like ancient history and Latin. Yet we also embrace valuable modern methodologies, such as AP® math courses and advanced sciences. Believing that truly “Christ-centered” education acknowledges God as the author and sustainer of creation, we affirm that the study of the world reflects the One who made it. So, Dominion’s graduates are not only articulate, well-rounded, and deeply thoughtful, but they are also deeply passionate about Christ, His Kingdom, and serving His people.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We have been very happy with Dominion Christian. They are a "work hard/play hard" school. Students are going to work hard in all areas, but they will also have opportunities to have unstructured times to grow - with teachers to help them explore passions and interests. They instill a love of learning through the passion of the teachers as well as cultivating an environment that encourages a student to learn to take risks, look beyond their grades, and focus on the bigger picture of education. They have a lot of parents involvement which creates a safe environment for children and teens to grow and explore their passions. We feel it is the right mix of working hard to prepare for what lies ahead without taking away a child's need to have fun. How many schools can provide an environment where 5th grade boys wants to join an optional book club, or a group of 10th graders want to create a mentoring group for the middle schoolers, or some high school students would volunteer to help with an elementary school play production? These are just a few examples of the type of environment Dominion Christian has created.
- Posted by Parent - Melissa
Dominion fulfills our criteria: fosters intellectual curiosity, character development, restorative discipline practices, biblical worldview, classical education approach, and emphasis on shared parent/school collaboration, values, and commitment. The staff model all the above-values are truly seeped into every aspect of the school experience. My boys (2nd grade and K) are flourishing. The older one is mildly autistic, and we were not happy with his 1sr grade public school experience: We did not like the behavioral habits he was picking up, the lack of intellectual challenge, and we wanted a more traditional worldview to inform the learning. Dominion is a perfect fit. They will say honestly whether they think they can adequately serve a child's needs. I love that my boys are learning biblical foundations and seeing the world from a biblical worldview. Dominion is a God-send.
- Posted by Parent - DJ
I cannot speak highly enough about Dominion, which prepared me so well for college and life in general. The education was outstanding and I have found its rigor to be unmatched in any of the discussion-style classes I have since encountered in college. The education model and people surrounding me empowered my critical thinking skills and pushed me to be the best version of myself. I am still in touch with several of my teachers, who have been incredible intellectual as well as spiritual mentors to me.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jenna Wichterman
Dominion Christian has been an amazing blessing to our family. The dedication of the faculty, staff, and other families create an environment where my children have grown academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally. We experienced so many different schools with years in the military...top ranked public and private schools, and Dominion surpasses them all. My children actually came home and thanked us for sending them to this school the summer after their first year... they had experienced enough to know how special it is!
- Posted by Parent - Clare
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.