The Newton School
The Newton School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Small class sizes Typically 8 students with two teachers in the Lower School and 4-6 students per class in the Middle School. Overall student to teacher ratio 4 to 1.
- Twenty-two full-time faculty. Over 70% have Masters Degrees or higher.
- Guided by the Virginia Standards of Learning for Reading, Writing, Oral Language, Math, Science and Social Studies.
- Additional subjects such as Music, Art, and Drama offered weekly.
- Highly customized and flexible instruction within the classroom to meet the needs of our students.
- Sixty minutes of physical activity, "Movement", integrated into the day, using the 10,000 square feet of gym space including trampolines, a foam pit, a ball pit, sports court and basketball court.
- An integrated Social program, designed and led by a full time Speech and Language Therapist, with each class participating in a social group twice a week.
- Occupational Therapist supporting teachers and students, in the classroom one day per week.
- Organizational skills class taught in all grades. Executive functioning support provided in the classrooms throughout the day.
- Dedicated laptop computers for each student with Google Classroom suite of applications, Kidspiration/Inspiration software and individual online accounts. Computers are kept at school and maintained by IT staff.
- Written communication from teachers to parents sent home every day.
- Weekly field trips including recent trips to The Building Museum, The Kennedy Center, The Reston Zoo, The Air and Space Museum, The Manassas National Battlefield Park, and Adventure Theater at Glen Echo.
- After school activities every day from 3:15-6pm including homework groups, clubs, snacks and movement. Costs not included in tuition.
- Accredited by AdvancED in 2015.
Endorse The Newton School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards