St. Veronica Catholic School
The administration, faculty, and staff of St. Veronica Catholic School recognize the dignity of each person by seeing Christ in every child.
The mission of the school is to ensure vibrant religious education and exemplary academics by empowering our students and faculty through faith and knowledge.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 362 students
- Yearly Tuition: $5,580
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Veronica Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Flynn & O\
Flynn & O\
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Band (Beginning and Advanced), Certamen (Latin), Choir, CYO Basketball, Engineering and Math Programs, Lego Robotics, Orchestra, Running Club, Science, SCRATCH Computer Programming, Technology
- In the spirit of Christ, who is the perfect teacher, the administration, faculty, and staff of St. Veronica School recognize that each child is an intellectual, spiritual, and social being with an inherent desire to learn. We recognize that the growth of the whole child best occurs in an atmosphere permeated by respect, love, and the modeling of virtues. We strive to provide each child with a physically and emotionally safe place to learn through reflection and participation. We strive to offer a structured and stimulating academic environment, incorporating varied instruction coupled with compassionate discipline. As facilitators we work to develop a child's potential by fostering critical thinking, innovation, and the right use of personal freedom. Finally, the administration, faculty, and staff of St. Veronica School understand that learning is truly formative when parents are acknowledged as the primary educators and work in collaboration with the principal, teachers, and students.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Veronica Catholic School cost?
St. Veronica Catholic School's tuition is approximately $5,580 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of St. Veronica Catholic School?
The acceptance rate of St. Veronica Catholic School is 100%, which is higher than the national average of 83%.
What is St. Veronica Catholic School's ranking?
St. Veronica Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Least expensive tuition and Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for St. Veronica Catholic School?
The application deadline for St. Veronica Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
This is our first year with St. Veronica's School. We chose SVS in part because respected friends were pleased with SVS. We are very happy with our decision. SVS provides rigorous academic instruction with emphasis on character and spiritual development. Our children are thriving.
This is our second year at St. Veronica's, since moving to the area from out of state. Our daughters continue to be challenged academically, while being taught in a loving Catholic environment. The teachers are not only very capable and motivated to teach the children, they are approachable and make a habit of communicating expectations (via newsletters, email, conferences, etc.). In today's world it feels even more critical that children grow up learning about moral choices and character values along with academics. While it may be a sacrifice to put your child in private school, know that the Catholic model of developing the "whole child" is being followed with success at St. Veronica's!
Endorse St. Veronica Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.