St. Veronica Catholic School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (703) 773-2020
The administration, faculty, and staff of St. Veronica Catholic School recognize the dignity of each person by seeing Christ in every child.
The mission of the school is to ensure vibrant religious education and exemplary academics by empowering our students and faculty through faith and knowledge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||392 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Flynn & O\)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,580|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band (Beginning and Advanced), Certamen (Latin), Choir, CYO Basketball, Engineering and Math Programs, Lego Robotics, Orchestra, Running Club, Science, SCRATCH Computer Programming, Technology|
- In the spirit of Christ, who is the perfect teacher, the administration, faculty, and staff of St. Veronica School recognize that each child is an intellectual, spiritual, and social being with an inherent desire to learn. We recognize that the growth of the whole child best occurs in an atmosphere permeated by respect, love, and the modeling of virtues. We strive to provide each child with a physically and emotionally safe place to learn through reflection and participation. We strive to offer a structured and stimulating academic environment, incorporating varied instruction coupled with compassionate discipline. As facilitators we work to develop a child's potential by fostering critical thinking, innovation, and the right use of personal freedom. Finally, the administration, faculty, and staff of St. Veronica School understand that learning is truly formative when parents are acknowledged as the primary educators and work in collaboration with the principal, teachers, and students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chantilly Grades: PK-8 | 720 students
13809 Poplar Tree Road
Chantilly, VA 20151
(703) 378-9408 2.3 PK-8
- Aldie Grades: NS-6
24328 Marrwood Drive
Aldie, VA 20105
(703) 542-5522 7.9 NS-6
This is our first year with St. Veronica's School. We chose SVS in part because respected friends were pleased with SVS. We are very happy with our decision. SVS provides rigorous academic instruction with emphasis on character and spiritual development. Our children are thriving.
- Posted by Parent - aaridley
This is our second year at St. Veronica's, since moving to the area from out of state. Our daughters continue to be challenged academically, while being taught in a loving Catholic environment. The teachers are not only very capable and motivated to teach the children, they are approachable and make a habit of communicating expectations (via newsletters, email, conferences, etc.). In today's world it feels even more critical that children grow up learning about moral choices and character values along with academics. While it may be a sacrifice to put your child in private school, know that the Catholic model of developing the "whole child" is being followed with success at St. Veronica's!
- Posted by Parent - Kimberly P.
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.