Boys & Girls Home Family Services
- Boys and Girls Home and Family Services, Inc. is a non-profit, human service agency that has cared for children and families for over 113 years.
- In 1892, a civil war widow began caring for orphaned children in her home located in Sioux City, Iowa.
- Two years later in March 1894, several Sioux City women formed the charitable association - Boys and Girls Home.
- According to the organization's original by-laws, Boys and Girls Home was founded to provide "a home for friendless, neglected boys and girls until suitable homes could be found, to detain and care for such truant and tramping boys and girls, to prevent the association of children and youth in jails and workhouses with old and hardened criminals and to seek enactment of such laws as may benefit children".
- The mission of Boys and Girls Home and Family Services is to improve the lives of children and families.
- Independently or in partnership with public and private entities, the agency brings innovative, but practical approaches to identifying and addressing individual and community needs.
- Boys and Girls Home and Family Services offers a comprehensive, interrelated continuum of services including inpatient and outpatient care, education, childcare and outreach programs.
- These services provide support to individuals of all ages, from the very young to the very old, strengthen families, and meet the unique needs of each individual member.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sioux City Grades: 3-8 | 255 students
3030 Jackson St
Sioux City, IA 51104
(712)277-4739 0.8 3-8
- Sioux City Grades: K-12 | 44 students
6000 E Gordon Dr
Sioux City, IA 51106
(712)274-2450 4.3 K-12
- Sioux City Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
5010 Military Rd
Sioux City, IA 51103
(712)233-1624 3.9 PK-8
- Sioux City Grades: NS-12 | 213 students
6000 Gordon Drive
Sioux City, IA 51106
(712)276-4732 4.3 NS-12
- Alton Grades: NS-6 | 63 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712)756-4532 38.2 NS-6
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.