Siouxland Christian School
- Siouxland Christian School is first and foremost committed to instruction and education that conforms to the Word of God.
- Because we are of diverse church and denominational backgrounds, it is important that as a body of believers known as Siouxland Christian School, we are diligent about unity, based on the truths of Scripture, in the bond of love.
- To that end, it is important to set forth, in writing these Tenets of Faith. Meaningful education has reverence for God as its starting point and glorifying God as its goal.
- Parents are given the responsibility of carefully instructing their children in the principles and doctrines of the Bible, and thus have a religious and moral responsibility to provide Christian education.
- SCS is an extension of the Christ-centered home and church.
- The entire faculty consists of born-again Christians who believe that teaching is both a calling and a ministry.
- They are dedicated and well qualified, both spiritually and academically. Each member has been selected and prayerfully chosen.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||213 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||The following are first child rates. Tuition for grades 9-12 is $5,890. For grades 7-8 tuition is $5,280. Tuition for grades 1-6 is $5,010. Tuition for K5 is $4,830 and K4 is $5,350 (includes lunch and before/after school care).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
- Siouxland Christian School is the only comprehensive preschool through 12th grade school in Sioux City (the tri-state area). Independent and non-denominational, SCS represents families from over 30 local churches. College preparatory classes are biblically integrated and taught by highly qualified staff members. Eagle athletes, artists, and performers are part of the Iowa High School Athletic Association and Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union (members of the Western Valley Conference). SCS offers a number of programs to include band, choir, and theater in addition to athletic opportunities. SCS serves a diverse community of learners, with some of our more advanced students earning associate degrees in addition to high school diplomas after 4 years of high school. With chapel twice weekly and Bible courses as part of the core curriculum, Siouxland Christian seeks to partner with families to develop students spiritually, which supports success in all other arenas.
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.