Calvary Christian School
- Calvary Christian School was founded in 1984 as a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church here in Rapid City, South Dakota.
- Our objective is the promotion and perfection of God's image in our students resulting in their godliness of character and action.
- Stated another way, it is developing the character of Christ likeness.
- The Bible is the center of our Christian School curriculum.
- It teachers that Christian education includes the knowledge of God and use of that knowledge in His service.
- Students are taught to know God and imitate Him. Christian education, therefore, is distinctive and founded on Scripture.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.