Campbellsville Christian Church Ctr For Education
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 103 students
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
3 year olds tuition is $18 per week for 2 days. 4 year olds tuition is $35 per week for 4 days. Kindergarten tuition is $50 per week for 5 days.
- Glow Worms (3 year olds) Curriculum Units of study: Class Rules, Colors, Weather, Fall, Safety, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Shapes, Numbers, Manners, Nutrition, Spring, Doctor/Dentist, Zoo, Transportation, Mother`s Day, Farm Activities: Learning Centers, Gym, Music, Devotions, Bible Lesson and Bible Verse, Science Experiments, Show & Tell Field Trips: Fire Department, Taylor County Library, Dentist Office, Farm Special Events: Fall Harvest Party & Program, Thanksgiving Party & Program, Christmas Party & Program, Valentine Party, Making Muffins, Spring Program, End of Year Celebration at Miller Park (weather permitting) Skills Learned Fine Motor Skills Hold crayons properly Coloring Hold scissors properly Cutting on line Gluing Water painting Gross Motor Skills Walk up/down stairs with alternating feet Run Balance on one foot Throw/catch a ball Kick a ball Conduct Follow directions Be kind to friends Remember to raise hand Math Readiness Counting 1-10 Recognize some numbers 1-10 Counting objects Identify shapes (circle, square, triangle) Listening/Speaking Skills Listen when the teacher is talking Listen quietly to stories Speak clearly Answer some questions Wait for turn when speaking in a Group Readiness Skills/Participation Participation, following directions, and good behavior during: Music, Art Gym, Science
- Pre-Kindergarten (4 year olds curriculum) Units of study: Ready for School, All About Me, Colors, Home & Family, Apples, Food & Nutrition, Fall, Safety, Manners, Thanksgiving, Exercise, Hygiene & Health, Toys, Christmas Fun, Baby Jesus, Winter, Bears, Zoo, Community Helpers, Valentine`s Day, President`s Day, Pets, Children's Authors, Five Senses, Solar System, Easter, Spring, Birds, Flowers, Farm Other Lessons: Left & Right, Pairs, Opposites, Positions, Money, Telling Time on the Hour, Phone Numbers Activities: Learning Centers, Gym 3 times per week, Music once a week, Daily Devotions, Weekly Bible Lesson and Bible Verse, Field Trips, Science Experiments, Show & Tell Special Events: Apple Tasting Party, Making Vegetable Soup, Fall Harvest Party & Program, Thanksgiving Party & Program, Christmas Party & Program, Guest Speakers for Community Helpers Unit, Valentine Party, Pet Show, Spring Program, End of Year Celebration Skills Learned Fine Motor Skills Hold pencil properly Trace on line Hold crayons properly Coloring inside lines Hold scissors properly Cutting on line Gluing neatly Water painting in lines Gross Motor Skills Walk up/down stairs with alternating feet Run Balance on one foot Throw/catch a ball Kick a ball Forward somersault Conduct Follow directions/obey rules Be kind to friends Raise hand Talk at appropriate times Do work without extra reminders Reading/Writing Readiness Identity colors Complete a pattern Say alphabet Identify lower case letters a-z Identify upper case letters A-Z Produce consonant sounds B-Z Print name Print letters Aa-Zz Print numbers 1-10 Math Readiness Identify numbers 1-10 Counting 1-100 Counting by 10s to 100 Counting objects 1-10 Identify shapes (circle, square, triangle, rectangle) Sequence by size Readiness Skills/Participation Participation, following directions, and good behavior during: Music, Art Gym, Science
- Kindergarten (5 year olds curriculum) Units of study: Summer/Ocean, Manners, I Am Special, Family, Eric Carle, Colors/Color Words, Five Senses, Nutrition, Apples & Pumpkins, Fall, Community Helpers, Safety, Pilgrims & Native Americas, I Am Thankful, Christmas Symbols, Real Meaning of Christmas, Christmas Fun, Winter, Healthy Habits, Transportation, Curious George, Patriotic, Valentines, Dental Health, Dr. Seuss, Dinosaurs, Money, Spring/Easter, Space, Plants, Weather, Insects, Farm Animals, Summer Fun Activities: Learning Centers, Gym 3 times per week, Music once a week, Daily Devotions, Weekly Bible Lesson and Bible Verse, Field Trips, Science Experiments, Show & Tell, General Store Special Events: Fall Harvest Party & Program, Thanksgiving Party & Program, Christmas Party & Program, Guest Speakers for Community Helpers Unit, Valentine Party, End of Year Celebration, Graduation, Closing Program Skills Learned Phonics Letter/sound recognition Identify rhyming words Identify opposites Identify compound words Blend sounds to make words Identify syllables Reading Decoding skills Fluency skills Comprehension skills Read sight words Read color words Read number words Read high frequency words Writing Handwriting Writes teacher generated sentences Writes own sentences Number skills Identify numbers 1-10 Sequence numbers 0-10 Count objects in a set Match with one-to-one correspondence Match sets and numbers Identify ordinal position Act out addition and subtraction stories Count by 1`s to 100 Count by 10`s to 100 Count by 5`s to 100 Geometry skills Identify and name shapes Compare objects by length Measure the length of objects Copy geoboard designs Cover tangram designs Identify and name geometric solids Other skills Sort objects and identify a sorting rule Copy and extend patterns Create a real graph Name the days of the week Identify coins Write numbers 0-20 Recite phone number Recite address Recite birthday Recite months of year Cut with scissors Coloring skills Tie shoes Social/emotional Work quietly Attention span Follow directions Raise hand to speak Talking when appropriate Play and share Show respect to teacher Music/Gym Follow directions/Obey rules
Endorse Campbellsville Christian Church Ctr For Education. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?