Charlevoix Childrens House
Tel: (231) 547-5599
- At Charlevoix Children's House we celebrate the child. We are a Montessori community dedicated to providing a learning environment that guides, nurtures, and enriches the individual.
- Maria Montessori, an Italian physician, developed the Montessori philosophy and method of education in 1896.
- The premise of her work is that children interact with materials and learn from their environment, not from the teacher.
- Maria Montessori developed what she called “the prepared environment”. Among its features is an ordered arrangement of learning materials in a noncompetitive atmosphere, which helps each child develop at his/her own rate.
- Children learn through doing. A child's play is a child's work.
- At Charlevoix Children's House, the process, not the product, is taught.
- The ultimate goal is that each child be responsible for his or her own education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlevoix Grades: PK-8 | 90 students
1005 Bridge St
Charlevoix, MI 49720
(231) 547-9441 1.6 PK-8
- Ellsworth Grades: PK-8 | 44 students
9541 White St.
Ellsworth, MI 49729
(231) 588-2111 13.3 PK-8
- Petoskey Grades: PK-K | 73 students
416 Connable Ave
Petoskey, MI 49770
(231) 487-4563 13.5 PK-K
- Petoskey Grades: PK-8 | 173 students
414 Michigan St
Petoskey, MI 49770
(231) 347-3651 14.2 PK-8
- Harbor Springs Grades: PK-12 | 139 students
8333 Clayton Rd
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
(231) 347-7859 17.7 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.