Christ Church Episcopal Preschool
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (302) 472-0021
Christ Church Episcopal Preschool educates young children from age 18 months through 5 years in small, safe, and nurturing classrooms. With an overall ratio of 4:1, our teachers are able to give all children the individual attention needed.
We focus on literacy and play-based learning, and offer music, gym, Spanish, lots of outdoor play, and chapel.
Schedules range from 3 half-days to 5 full-days. As an Episcopal school, we are a welcoming and inclusive community for people of all faiths, cultures and backgrounds.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Tuition varies according to schedule selected. Tuition is posted on website.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Apr. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition varies according to program selected. Tuition is posted on website.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Kim Wagner|
|Admissions Associate||Denise Gilliam|
- Christ Church Episcopal Preschool provides a nurturing, play based educational environment for children from 18 months to 5 years old.
- Our children are outside for extended periods each day, playing on our playgrounds, exploring our wooded outdoor classroom, or walking our nature trail or labyrinth.
- With 22 acres at our disposal, we can be outside even when snow covers our playground.
- Music, gym and specials such as soccer, dance, Spanish and cooking are included.
- We believe in a child centered approach andn work to meet the individual needs of all our children.
- To ensure that we meet this goal, we keep our child:teacher ratios low (typically 4:1) and offer a variety of schedules.
- Some children are with us for 15 hours a week and others are with us for 50 hours a week.
- No matter what schedule is right for your family, we want your child to feel loved and safe so that they are free to explore, create, and grow.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Christ Church Episcopal Preschool is Tower Hill School (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wilmington Grades: NS-12 | 815 students
2813 W 17th Street
Wilmington, DE 19806
(302) 657-8350 0.9 NS-12
- Wilmington Grades: NS-8 | 248 students
2006 Shallcross Ave
Wilmington, DE 19806
(302) 652-6567 1.3 NS-8
- Wilmington Grades: K | 90 students
1920 Rockland Rd
Wilmington, DE 19803
(302) 654-9120 1.5 K
- Wilmington Grades: PK-8 | 230 students
1715 W. 9th Street
Wilmington, DE 19805
(302) 421-3743 1.8 PK-8
My son sprints down the hill to school each day because he can't wait to be with his friends, leave his item in the sound box and give his teachers a morning hug. When I pick him up from school, he empties his pockets full of acorns in my car, shares a new Spanish word with me, tells me stories about doing yoga in gym, and making a fort on the playground with his friends. My curious son has blossomed here. CCEP makes him happy and has made our whole family happy too! It is truly a special place to be a kid and a parent.
- Posted by Parent - Kate
Christ Church Episcopal Preschool has been an amazing school for my children and my entire family. I cannot say enough about the wonderful education, beautiful outdoor space, terrific teachers, and welcoming community. My children were incredibly well prepared to enter kindergarten. We were so lucky to find this hidden gem!
- Posted by Parent - Vera
My daughter has been at CCEP for 3 years and we have loved it! What I love most is seeing how happy she is when I drop her off and pick her up. I'm a single mom and I work full time and it's so wonderful to know that she is being loved while I'm working. Yes, she knows her letter sounds (age 3) and they do math, soccer, Spanish, cooking, etc. But what really matters is the light in her eyes when I drop her off.
- Posted by Parent - Mary
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.