Christian Family Academy
- Our mission is to produce life-long learners who are passionate disciples of Jesus Christ and who are diligently seeking to impact the world around them for the Kingdom of Heaven.
- Christian Family Academy uses a Bible based college preparatory curriculum that meets all North Carolina and NCAA college entrance requirements.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Different rates for elementary and high school. Discounts are given for multiple children.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Drama, Equestrian, Yearbook
- Christian Family Academy is a non-denominational Christian community that works together to provide a Biblical education for our children. The Bible is the basis for our educational philosophy, organizational structure, curriculum and methodology. We are not affiliated with a specific church and our families represent more than 20 different churches.
- Our desire at Christian Family Academy is to make the tool of Christian education available to all families who are seeking to train their children according to Biblical principles. We believe that finances should never be the reason why a child cannot receive this education. We believe that parents are the primary dispensers of training, and that our job is to work in conjunction with their role as disciple-makers. We believe that ministry is both local and global. We believe that every Christ-follower has a role to play in the Kingdom of Heaven.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hickory Grades: PK-12 | 486 students
3260 6th St. Dr. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
(828)324-5405 5.4 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.