University Christian High School
- University Christian High School is in partnership with Lenoir-Rhyne University.
- The UCHS campus is located next to the campus of Lenoir-Rhyne University to allow the students at UCHS to use the university's athletic facilities, the cafeteria, and library.
- Ninth and tenth graders will take all their classes at the high school.
- Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to take many of their classes as college classes.
- These classes are dual enrollment classes and count as both high school and college credit.
- Students could graduate from high school with up to 30 hours of college credit.
University Christian High School places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Literature, Calculus A/B, Computer Science (odd years only), Environmental Science, Government & Politics (even years only), US History|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirts with jeans or khakis)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 1 / Feb. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,436|
|Tuition Notes||12-Month Tuition Payment Plan available from June to May.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,800|
|Admissions Director||Lori Bedder|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors, Chess Club, Debate Team, Envirothon Team, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Model UN, National Honor Society, Spirit Club, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- University Christian High School offers the students in the Hickory area the opportunity to receive a strong academic Christian education. The students in ninth and tenth grades take all of the classes that have NC End of Course tests. They will also have the opportunity to take on-line elective classes. Students can begin taking AP classes in their Sophomore year. Juniors and Seniors have the opportunity to take any of the entry level classes offered at LR or other AP classes. The selection of classes available to Juniors and Seniors is more extensive than any other high school in the area.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Conover Grades: K-12 | 132 students
4643 County Home Road
Conover, NC 28613
(828) 256-8474 4.5 K-12
- Hickory Grades: PK-12 | 485 students
3260 6th St. Dr. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
(828) 324-5405 3 PK-12
We love UCHS! My 11th grader is getting an excellent education! I love how her teachers take an interest her education as well as her life skills. This school loves their students!
- Posted by Parent - Angelia
As a parent of a UCHS graduate I am very glad that we made the decision to allow our daughter attend this school. We believe it not only prepared her for college but opened doors for scholarships as well. She is thriving in college because she was taught good time management and study habits. She graduated with 24 college credit hours, participated in sports and was a leader in extracurricular activities. I can't say enough about the quality of teachers there. Each one deeply cares about the success of their students.
- Posted by Parent - Laura
As a parent of a UCHS student, I would highly recommend this school. UCHS provides the opportunity for excellent academics in a Christian atmosphere. We feel very honored and blessed that UCHS was available for our student.
- Posted by Parent - abeth