Hickory Day School
Hickory Day School Photo #2 - The Aktari suite (Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes) learning about different types of transportation at the local airport.
- Hickory Day School instills in its students a love of learning in a unique environment that emphasizes academic excellence, critical-thinking skills, and global perspectives.
- We develop individual talents, skills, and abilities by promoting active participation in a wide range of academic, athletic, and extracurricular activities within a supportive, nurturing environment.
- We foster a sustained love of learning allowing students to acquire a critical mass of significant knowledge by exploring themes of inquiry, which have global relevance and importance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||testing accommodations, reading specialist, mathematics specialist|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Monday-Thursday = khaki and collared shirts; Fridays = jeans/casual)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||See web site for complete tuition details per grade level. The tuition rate varies depending on grade level and ranges from $7000 to &10,000.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rick Seay|
|Admissions Associate||Alison Tompkins|
|Endowment Size||$0.1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, VolleyballArchery, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Board Games Club, Book Clubs, Chess Club, STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Sunshine Singers choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Jump Rope Club
- The admissions committee looks for a love of learning and parental commitment to the IB program of the school. An admissions assessment is made for every applicant. This assessment involves both literacy and numeracy skills.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hickory Grades: PK-12 | 486 students
3260 6th St. Dr. NW
Hickory, NC 28601
(828)324-5405 3.6 PK-12
- Hudson Grades: PK-12 | 126 students
239 Mount Herman Rd
Hudson, NC 28638
(828)726-0055 13.5 PK-12
- Spartanburg Grades: NS-8 | 122 students
384 S Spring St
Spartanburg, SC 29306
(864)585-3046 67 NS-8
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.