Montessori at Sandy Ford
- Montessori at Sandy Ford is the oldest established, private, secular school in the Catawba Valley, celebrating over 30 years of education, serving children ages 3-14.
- The Directors, Mary Helen Cline and Kenyon Kelly, are certified by the Montessori Institute of America (MIA) and Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI).
- Other staff members have received child development and Montessori training through the Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Becky Schell|
Montessori at Sandy Ford is an educational community whose mission is:
- To prepare an environment that nurtures each individual's intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth;
- To work in partnership with families to guide students in becoming responsible, contributing members of their communities;
- To celebrate diversity and foster respect for life;
- To follow each child, providing thoughtful, challenging learning opportunites in an atmosphere of cooperation;
- To cultivate a lifelong joy of learning;
- by following Dr. Maria Montessori's practices, philosophy, and vision.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SpartanburgGrades: NS-8 | 114 students
384 S Spring St
Spartanburg, SC 29306
- HickoryGrades: PK-12 | 109 students
1225 29th Avenue Dr NE
Hickory, NC 28601
- HickoryGrades: K-8 | 129 students
2535 21st Avenue NE
Hickory, NC 28601
- HuntersvilleGrades: PK-3 | 68 students
14101 Stumptown Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.