Calvary Day School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Calvary Day School in Winston-Salem is a private co-educational school offering college preparatory Christian education to students in 2 year old Preschool through 12th grade.
- Our mission is to teach and train students to embrace a God-centered world view.
- A ministry of Calvary Baptist Church, CDS has an enrollment of over 700 students and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Association of Christian Schools International.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language Therapy|
|Total Students||705 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP United States Government and Politics, AP US History, Java|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: approximately $1380-$9900.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,625|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Pam Dell'Aquila|
|Admissions Associate||Nickol Tompkins|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Badminton Club, Calvary Ambassadors, Calvary Crazies, Chess Club, Club Worship, Debate Club, Ecology Club, Ethics Club, Executive Leadership Council, Mock Trial Team, Moot Court, Mu Alpha Theta, National Forensic League, National Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, Service Club, Spanish Club, Spanish National Honor Society, Student Council, Tech Club, Youth and Government
- MOTO: "Think, Learn, and Live for Jesus Christ"MISSION: The mission of Calvary Day School is to teach and train students to think, learn, and live from a Biblical worldview by integrating God and His Word as the primary source of knowledge and truth under the lordship of Jesus Christ.ENROLLMENT: Total enrollment for 2017-2018 is 705 in grades PK - 12th. ACCREDITATIONS: Association of Christian Schools International. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.HISTORY TIMELINE: 1968- Kindergarten program established by Calvary Baptist Church. 1971- First grade program established and grew to K-6. 1984- Middle School added to the existing PK-6 program. 1997- High School program began with a 9th grade. 2001- First graduating class with 20 students.ASSOCIATIONS: Association of Christian Schools International. Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. North Carolina Association of Independent Schools.STUDENT PROFILE: Average to above average academic ability; interested in college preparatory program.TEACHER PROFILE: North Carolina state licensure and teacher certification with the Association of Christian Schools International. Average number of years of teaching experience: 15.CURRICULUM: The biblically integrated curriculum, developed by professional teachers using educational research and best practices, ensures that each child has the opportunity to advance as far as he/she is cognitively able. All classrooms are wired for internet access in addition to a computer lab on campus. The High School program is a college preparatory program featuring college prep level, honors level, Advanced Placement classes through the College Board, and cooperative learning opportunities with local colleges and universities. A variety of extracurricular activities (athletics, fine arts, service organizations, academic competition teams) is available to middle and high school students. Daily, students and faculty at CDS join in prayer, and students learn to hide God's word in their hearts through mediation and weekly verse memorization. Chapel services are conducted weekly.TESTING: The school uses nationally normed standardized testing. In using TerraNova3, our scores average between the 82nd and 92nd percentiles school-wide. Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) average 1102 and ACT average 24.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lewisville Grades: NS-12 | 823 students
5501 Shallowford Road, Lewisville
Lewisville, NC 27023
(336)945-3151 2.7 NS-12
Calvary Baptist Day School is a great school. My son started school there in middle school and he's gotten a first rate education. His future is bright becuase of CBDS.
- Posted by Parent - south
Great school. Strong academics in a Christian environment. Would recommend to anyone with school age children.
- Posted by Parent - Theen
I have been at Calvary for 10 years now and it is truly a great school!! The academics are incredible and the teaching is great! Having a College Prepatory Christ centered education is an amazing combination. I highly recommend Calvary Baptist Day School!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - samiz
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.