Winston Salem Christian School
5.00 (6 reviews)
- At Winston Salem Christian School (WSCS), we believe that all students are gifted by God to use their talents for His service.
- We raise the bar academically and through the loving encouragement of our teachers, students go further than they ever dreamed possible. Winston Salem Christian School is one of the best private Christian schools in Forsyth County and surrounding areas.
- WSCS educates students representing over 90 different churches. WSCS seeks to develop students` independence, interdependence, and maturity through an innovative learning environment built on excellent academics, Spirit-led engagements, and selfless service. Our comprehensive program includes an ELC - Early Learning Center (3 & 4 year olds & TK), a Lower School (K-5), a Upper School (6-12), and afterschool program as well as a summer day camp. We like to think of WSCS as a place that children and adults consider their second home-a place where they are accepted and loved-a place where laughter and learning are cherished-a place where students excel academically viewing the world from a Biblical perspective in a safe, nurturing, and diverse environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||367 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||8 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus BC, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP US History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(We have a school uniform. Uniform guidelines can be found on our website, and our store can be found on Lands' End. Typical uniform is made up of a polo shirt and khakis, with may other options through the school store.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,175|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for more details on tuition costs. Above is US rate. Additional costs for International Students.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Abby Hedgecock|
|Admissions Associate||Elizabeth Broughton|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
2717 Christian Athlete Club, Basketball Prep Team, Chess Club, Duke Tip Program, High Five Club (Elementary Athletic Boosters), House Council, Lions Ambassadors, Lions Learning Center, Mu Alpha Theta Math Honor Society, National Elementary Honors Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Pep Club, Student Government, Volunteer Service Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Concert Band, Musical Theatre, Piano Conservatory Lessons, Technical Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports - Basketball / Soccer (3rd-5th)
- We are Christian. Every student experiences biblically based instruction every day, prays together and worships together in weekly chapels in all levels of our school, from ELC to Upper School. We serve together by partnering with local non- profits in order to represent Christ to our community. We preach the word of God in all that we do. Just this year, at our annual back to school camp for our high school, 16 students made professions of faith.
- We Are Diverse: Our community is made up of 43% African American, 37% Caucasian, 13% bi-racial, 5% Hispanic, and 2% Asian. This diversity will soon expand to an international perspective with plans in place to expand our current international exchange program significantly, making WSCS the only International Christian school in Winston Salem.
- We Are Academic: We offer a wide variety of AP Courses and our graduates earn admission into competitive universities, often receiving significant scholarship money. 63% of our graduates receive college scholarships to schools such as UNC Chapel Hill, NC State, High Point University, University of Miami, and Liberty University to just name a few. According a recent Washington Post report, only 19% of students nationally receive college scholarships.
- We Are Engaged: More than two-thirds of our students participate in extra-curricular activities such as musical theatre, athletics and a variety of clubs and intramural activities. Our athletic programs are competitive and push our students athletically. This year we have earned two state championships and several runner-up honors. Our arts program produced a full-scale musical performance and our lower school students receive instruction in art, music and physical education weekly.
- We Are Inclusive: Our students come from a wide variety of socio-economic spectrums. 75 students at WSCS attend using the NC Opportunity Grant, yet we also have the children of doctors, lawyers, surgeons, pastors, business owners and teachers attending our school. Approximately two-thirds of our students live in Title One school districts which leads to a wide variety of experiences and perspectives in each classroom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lewisville Grades: NS-12 | 823 students
5501 Shallowford Road, Lewisville
Lewisville, NC 27023
(336)945-3151 8.6 NS-12
As a seasoned educator, I can say that this school is unique. It has been an amazing experience to be a teacher here. The parents and students are supportive and engaged and my colleagues inspire me every day. You won't find a more devoted group of teachers anywhere. We work every day to ensure our kids get a great education, and we are a family. I call them my kids because that's what they are- not my students but my kids. I love WSCS and am sure you will too.
- Posted by Teacher - Teacher
Great school with a great future. The school has recently become an independent Christian School, and it serves an eclectic community from a biblical worldview. Great activities and sports as well.
- Posted by Parent - Class of 2024
As a teacher at this school, I can say with confidence that this school is a gem. I have never worked at another school quite like this one. The depth of the relationships are unique, and each staff member strives to make a difference in your student's life. We challenge them and treat them as they are our own. I am blessed to be able to pray over your child and tell them how much I love them. I am proud to be a staff member here and can't imagine being a part of a better community.
- Posted by Teacher - Staff
Great experience and great friends. Miss this place and the people!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - class of 2014
Great place for my 2 kids. The teachers are amazing, and it is a great value. My kids love their teachers, and I love the opportunities for my children .
- Posted by Parent - Parent
This has been a tremendous school for my children to learn and grow. My kids love their teachers, the teachers challenge the students, and the families are great. I would highly recommend this school! By far the best value, I have never seen a school offer so many quality programs at such an affordable price. We came from a Christian school that was double the price and did not offer as many outlets for my kids!
- Posted by Parent - Proud Parent!
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.