Cottonwood Day School
Cottonwood Day School Photo #2 - Cottonwood Day School is located in Bozeman, MT on a quiet road surrounded by mountain views.
- Cottonwood Day School in Bozeman, MT is a new private, non-profit school for students with learning disabilities.
- We have a rolling enrollment and a modified extended school year to meet the needs of all of our students.
Cottonwood Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Montana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language and literacy|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition can be paid monthly, quarterly, by semester, or in full. We do offer scholarship/financial aids funding.|
|Admissions Director||Amy Wood|
- Students with language based disabilities like dyslexia typically have difficulty with word recognition, decoding and spelling. These fundamental difficulties impact reading comprehension. Research indicates that scaffolded, multisensory programs are successful in teaching students with dyslexia the fundamentals of language and reading. At Cottonwood Day School, we integrate a multisensory approach across all content area subjects. Incorporating these approaches involves presenting new material and reviewing previously learned material using visual, auditory and kinesthetic (see glossary) methods. Not every child encodes information the same way, some are more visual, some more auditory and others are kinesthetic learners. Encoding and processing language are essential components of learning to read. Providing a multisensory approach ensures that each child is learning presented material in a way that makes sense to that child as a learner and a reader. Learning academic content this way ensures retention of presented information. Our language arts program incoporates the Orton Gillingham method and Lindamood-Bell programs. The foundation for Cottonwood Day School's math program is the Stern math program. For more information on our program please see our website; www.cottonwooddayschool.org.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bozeman Grades: PK-12 | 199 students
4720 Classical Way
Bozeman, MT 59718
(406)582-8165 4.4 PK-12
- Bozeman Grades: PK-K | 55 students
4310 Sourdough Rd
Bozeman, MT 59715
(406)582-1548 4.8 PK-K
- Bozeman Grades: PK-6 | 107 students
1572 Cobb Hill Rd
Bozeman, MT 59718
(406)587-3817 5.7 PK-6
- Bozeman Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
3001 W Villard Street
Bozeman, MT 59718
(406)585-3778 6.1 PK-6
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.