Cottonwood Day School
Cottonwood Day School Photo #2 - Cottonwood Day School is located in Bozeman, MT on a quiet road surrounded by mountain views.
- Cottonwood Day School in Bozeman, MT is a private, non-profit school for students with learning disabilities.
- We have a rolling enrollment and a modified extended school year to meet the needs of all of our students.
Cottonwood Day School places among the top 20% of private schools in Montana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language and Literacy/ Learning Challenges|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition can be paid monthly, quarterly, by semester, or in full. We do offer scholarship/financial aids funding.|
|Admissions Director||Amy Wood|
- Students with learning disabilities need a specific learning approach to achieve academic success. Cottonwood Day School provides a unique and exceptional learning environment to students with learning disabilities. Cottonwood Day school`s specialized approach to instruction takes into consideration that each student`s learning style is unique. Our comprehensive team of reading, elementary, special education teachers, occupational therapists, and speech and language therapists work collaboratively to ensure that the goals and objectives of each child`s learning plan are met. Students with language based disabilities like dyslexia typically have difficulty with word recognition, decoding and spelling. These fundamental difficulties impact reading comprehension. Research indicates that scaffolded, multisensory programs are successful in teaching students with dyslexia the fundamentals of language and reading. At Cottonwood Day School, we integrate a multisensory approach across all content area subjects. Incorporating these approaches involves presenting new material and reviewing previously learned material using visual, auditory and kinesthetic (see glossary) methods. Not every child encodes information the same way, some are more visual, some more auditory and others are kinesthetic learners. Encoding and processing language are essential components of learning to read. Providing a multisensory approach ensures that each child is learning presented material in a way that makes sense to that child as a learner and a reader. Learning academic content this way ensures retention of presented information. Our language arts program incoporates the Orton Gillingham method and Lindamood-Bell programs. The foundation for Cottonwood Day School's math program is the Stern math program. For more information on our program please see our website; www.cottonwooddayschool.org.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school, and preschool to Cottonwood Day School is Petra Academy (4.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bozeman Grades: PK-12 | 199 students
4720 Classical Way
Bozeman, MT 59718
(406)582-8165 4.4 PK-12
- Bozeman Grades: PK-K | 55 students
4310 Sourdough Rd
Bozeman, MT 59715
(406)582-1548 4.8 PK-K
- Bozeman Grades: PK-6 | 107 students
1572 Cobb Hill Rd
Bozeman, MT 59718
(406)587-3817 5.7 PK-6
- Bozeman Grades: PK-6 | 58 students
3001 W Villard Street
Bozeman, MT 59718
(406)585-3778 6.1 PK-6
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.