Crescent View Academy
Tel: (303) 745-2245
Crescent View Academy (CVA) is a full-time accredited private Islamic school kindergarten through ninth grade, established in 1993. CVA is accredited by AdvancEd and the Council of Islamic Schools of North America.
At Crescent View Academy, we strive to achieve academic and moral excellence by commitment to continued learning, team work, professionalism and building a positive environment. We provide our students with a structured learning environment with the goal of nurturing students into individuals who are academically competitive and morally sound in their Islamic values and beliefs.
"Crescent View Academy`s private Islamic School`s mission is to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating Islamic atmosphere to enable students to achieve a solid foundation of Islamic understanding according to the Quran, and life of Prophet Mohamed (SAW) with a true sence and pride of their Islamic identity.
We want our students to achieve academic excellence and prepare our students to be morally and socially responsible citizens.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Total Students||332 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 19 / Oct. 19|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,427|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Discounts for Siblings|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Iyad A. Wazwaz|
|Admissions Associate||Mariam Sabr|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Flag Football, Martial Arts, SoccerFlag Football, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Cooking Club, Food Club, Math Club, Nasheed Club, Science Club, Sewing Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
After School Sports Skills, Taekwondo
- Islamic education is a major part of CVA`s life. This is manifested in the academic classes taught, the school calendar, character education program and extra-curricular activities.
- The Islamic Education classes comprise about 40% of weekly instructional time for all students. Islamic education is divided into three components: Quran reading and memorization, Islamic studies and Arabic language. Quran memorization and tajweed recitation is emphasized. Islamic Studies curriculum consists of three major parts: beliefs and rituals of Muslims, Islamic History, and morals and manners. The Arabic language is taught in all grades using texts designed for foreign language acquisition. Students in grades 2-98 are divided into two or three levels according to their linguistic background and readiness level.
- In support of Islamic studies curriculum, the school calendar is designed to incorporate major holidays celebrated in the United States as well as major Islamic events. Students in Grades 3rd to Eight attend a Friday congregational prayer in the adjacent Musala. Students visit the Musala on a daily basis, to offer the mid-afternoon group prayer. Teachers and administrators attend the prayer with the students and instruct them on proper manners of being in the mosque and observing group prayer. All the above activities help the students to learn Islamic teachings and practice them in real life situations.Tarbiyah or Character education is infused with Islamic studies lessons and school-wide event planning.
- Tarbiyah objectives include helping students connect beliefs with practice, providing opportunities for experiential learning, introducing topics in age-specific ways, and recognizing social emotional needs of Muslim american children.
- School assemblies give students the opportunity to perform Islamic songs and skits in front of their peers and helps build a strong Muslim identity. In addition, Eid Celebrations (for the two major Islamic holidays) are designed to celebrate Muslim holidays and reinforce the students` sense of Muslim identity.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Crescent View Academy is University Of Denver High School (1.2 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Denver Jewish Day School (1.7 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Kristi Bower (0.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: NS-PK | 54 students
11453 E Wesley Ave
Aurora, CO 80014
(303) 750-9856 0.9 NS-PK
- Denver Grades: 10-12 | 66 students
2306 E. Evans Avenue
Denver, CO 80208
(303) 871-2636 1.2 10-12
- Denver Grades: NS-12 | 339 students
2450 S Wabash St
Denver, CO 80231
(303) 369-0663 1.7 NS-12
- Denver Grades: PK-K | 145 students
1461 S Dayton St
Denver, CO 80247
(303) 369-6464 1.9 PK-K
- Englewood Grades: NS-PK | 151 students
9400 E Belleview Avenue
Englewood, CO 80111
(303) 290-9005 2.7 NS-PK
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.