Denver Jewish Day School
- Top Ranked CO School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 339 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 15 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Cheer (Grades 6-8), Peer Helpers (Grades 10-12), School Newspaper, Student Council (Grades 6-12), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
All School Musical (Grades 6-12), Glee Club (Grades 4-6)
- Our pluralistic Jewish day school prepares and inspires Jewish students through an extraordinary secular and Judaic education to live purposefully, act ethically, and thrive in the world. We celebrate and respect a wide variety of practices and beliefs of Jews from different backgrounds and nationalities.
- Every day, we engage our students in an inquiry based learning model that encourages them to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills that will last a life time. Our graduates go on to the finest colleges and universities in the country.
- Beginning in kindergarten, all Denver JDS students study and learn the Hebrew language on a daily basis. In addition to providing our students with this tangible connection to Israel and Judaism, research shows that early second language development enlarges brain capacity and provides students wtih an academic advantage. Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, and Judaic Studies are learned daily using the finest, leading edge curricula available. In the Lower Division students also have gym, art, music, library, and technology instruction. Both divisions boast state of the art computer labs as well as ipads and smart boards to enhance the learning experience.
- Small class sizes and one-on-one attention mean that faculty, staff, students, and parents form lasting bonds here. Denver JDS students learn how, and genuinely want to make a difference in the world. Our Jewish values, or middot-including respect, honesty, sensitivity, and more-are integrated into the daily classrom activities that drive our values based learning curriculum. All grades participate in organized community service efforts for nonprofit organizations with Jewish, non-Jewish, local and national affiliations. Repairing the world is central to our school's culture, and our students embrace a commitment to changing the world.
Endorse Denver Jewish Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards