Denver Jewish Day School
Denver Jewish Day School Photo #2 - Kindergartners with their 5th grade "Hebrew lunch buddies." Cross grade collaborations help build academic skills and character.
- Our k-12 curriculum provides a unique model for wisdom an achievement rooted in jewish values and fueled by a passion for empowering excellence. Our inquiry based approach to learning integrates rogorous college preparatory academics and Judaic education with an individulized and supportive envitonment that stimulates intellictual, spiritual, physical, and social success.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Resource Center supports a wide range of learning differences; Gifted Learner Program offered as well|
|Total Students||339 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||59 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus (A/B), AP Economics, AP European History, AP Language, AP Literature, AP US History,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||K-5: 17590 6-8: 18480 9-11: 19950 12: 20580|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
|Admissions Director||Shayna Friedman|
|Admissions Associate||Brittany James|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cheer (Grades 6-8), Peer Helpers (Grades 10-12), School Newspaper, Student Council (Grades 6-12), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
All School Musical (Grades 6-12), Glee Club (Grades 4-6)
- Our pluralistic Jewish day school prepares and inspires Jewish students through an extraordinary secular and Judaic education to live purposefully, act ethically, and thrive in the world. We celebrate and respect a wide variety of practices and beliefs of Jews from different backgrounds and nationalities.
- Every day, we engage our students in an inquiry based learning model that encourages them to develop critical thinking and problem solving skills that will last a life time. Our graduates go on to the finest colleges and universities in the country.
- Beginning in kindergarten, all Denver JDS students study and learn the Hebrew language on a daily basis. In addition to providing our students with this tangible connection to Israel and Judaism, research shows that early second language development enlarges brain capacity and provides students wtih an academic advantage. Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, and Judaic Studies are learned daily using the finest, leading edge curricula available. In the Lower Division students also have gym, art, music, library, and technology instruction. Both divisions boast state of the art computer labs as well as ipads and smart boards to enhance the learning experience.
- Small class sizes and one-on-one attention mean that faculty, staff, students, and parents form lasting bonds here. Denver JDS students learn how, and genuinely want to make a difference in the world. Our Jewish values, or middot-including respect, honesty, sensitivity, and more-are integrated into the daily classrom activities that drive our values based learning curriculum. All grades participate in organized community service efforts for nonprofit organizations with Jewish, non-Jewish, local and national affiliations. Repairing the world is central to our school's culture, and our students embrace a commitment to changing the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denver Grades: 9-12 | 53 students
5100 W 14th Avenue
Denver, CO 80204
(303)893-1333 9.8 9-12
- Denver Grades: K-12 | 172 students
6825 E Alameda Ave
Denver, CO 80224
(720)859-6806 2.9 K-12
- Aurora Grades: NS-8 | 87 students
16051 E Dartmouth Ave
Aurora, CO 80013
(303)690-2309 4.8 NS-8
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.