Peace With Christ Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
- Peace With Christ Christian School is located in Aurora, Colorado, a southeastern suburb of Denver.
- It is one of nearly 3000 Lutheran pre-schools, elementary, and high schools in the United States.
- The idea developed quickly and our school opened its doors in August, 1994.
- PWCCS began with an enrollment of 60 students in kindergarten through 8th grade.
- There were four full-time teachers and a full-time teaching principal.
- Many parent volunteers filled in the gaps. Classrooms were combined into K, 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8.
- The school shared the remodeled lower level of Peace With Christ Lutheran Church with its previously established Early Learning Center.
- Recently, we have introduced Computer Classes to our curriculum, greatly enhanced our playground with new equipment and had the grand opening of our school library.
- We now offer a school band program, several choruses, a Student Council and advanced math classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||224 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aurora Grades: K-8 | 168 students
18900 E Hampden Ave
Aurora, CO 80013
(303)628-7200 0.4 K-8
- Aurora Grades: K-12
11430 East 19th Avenue
Aurora, CO 80010
(303)361-6456 7.5 K-12
- Aurora Grades: NS-8 | 87 students
16051 E Dartmouth Ave
Aurora, CO 80013
(303)690-2309 1.5 NS-8
- Denver Grades: PK-12 | 170 students
12505 Elmendorf Place
Denver, CO 80239
(303)373-5200 10.1 PK-12
- Denver Grades: NS-12 | 339 students
2450 S Wabash St
Denver, CO 80231
(303)369-0663 6.3 NS-12
As the mother of a 1st grade boy who's finishing his first year at PWCCS, I''ve got to say that I am so pleased and completely impressed by this school. The staff at PWCCS are caring and attentive with students and parents. The academic and spiritual curriculum are well balanced and thorough. And I love how organized everything is. PWCCS is also an incredibly active school, with school-wide events throughout the year. I love the small class size, the school's active interest in using the advances of technology to aid in teaching and I love the open lines of communication we parents have with everyone at the school -- from the principal, to the teachers, to other parents as well. And one more very important reason I love this school -- my son is thriving there. We are looking forward to next year.
- Posted by Parent - trold
Nearby Homes for Sale
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.