Bethel Christian School
- Bethel Christian School began in 1979 as a ministry of Bethel Baptist Church.
- Bethel Christian School exists primarily to support parents in fulfilling their child-rearing responsibilities.
- BCS recognizes the educational purposes of the state of California when not in conflict with Scripture.
- These educational purposes include the responsibilities of individuals as citizens, the need for human relationships, the individual’s responsibility for good stewardship, and the differences in individual capabilities.
- The administration, faculty and school board is dedicated by philosophy, purpose and design to the provision of a Christ-centered educational program of high quality.
- Bethel Christian School shape the future by helping students to develop a love for learning and a commitment to honoring God in their daily lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||453 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Economics (Micro), AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Government (US), AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP United States History, AP World History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact our school office at (661) 943-2224|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.