Tel: (260) 484-4153
- Crossroad Academy is located on the campus of Crossroad Child & Family Services and is accredited by both the Indiana Department of Education (Freeway Accreditation) and AdvancED. Small class sizes for students in grades 1 12 facilitate learning and relationship building.
- To begin the enrollment process, please contact the School Principal at 260.484.4153, ext. 2044.
- Crossroad Academy prepares each student to be socially and academically ready for the next level of education or vocation by providing a program for students not succeeding in a traditional classroom setting.
- Certified elementary, secondary, and special education teachers lead instruction in each classroom.
- Crossroad Youth and Family Specialists assist with behavior management in classrooms and during activities.
- Crossroad Academy utilizes Project Approach instruction, which features student-driven investigations that incorporate multiple core subjects.
- We also offer a Behavior Incentive program, with daily feedback, which keeps students focused on behavior and learning goals.
- Our facilities include a gym, cafeteria, computer lab, media center, and playground, and tuition assistance may be available through the Indiana Choice Scholarship program.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.