De Sales School
Tel: (563) 532-9353
De Sales School serves students ages 3 through 8th grade.
Our preschool program is open to the public for children ages 3 to 5.
The educational program at De Sales nurtures each child's natural curiosity.
Small class sizes, individualized instruction, progressive curricula, and dedicated teachers prepare our students to assume responsible and productive roles in society.
We are committed to the highest quality in education, offering a complete palette of programs and resources for students in preschool and grades kindergarten through eight.
We are dedicated to promoting and nurturing the development of each student's unique and individual potential through an education permeated with Christian values and ethics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||114 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Casual business attire)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,600|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available to everyone. All children are welcome at De Sales School.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
- Student planning and participation in weekly liturgies
- Daily prayer
- Sacramental preparation
- Christian service
- Teachers as spiritual companions guidance and Human Growth & Development classes in a Christian context
- Gospel values infused in all curricular areas
- Extended Learning Program includes a resource room for students needing extra support, with Differentiated Instruction in the classrooms to accommodate all learning levels
- In-school guidance counselor
- Technology training available to all grade levels
- Title I reading / Reading Recovery
- Speech therapy
- Periodic free health screenings
- All Keystone AEA services
- Affordable tuition with assistance available to all qualifying families
- Show choir
- Class field trips
- Shared-time opportunities at South Winneshiek for grades 5-8, including band, art, physical education, and all sports
- De Sales offers a preschool program open to the public for children ages 3 to 5. Two groups of classes are offered: Three-year-olds from 8:30 to 11:30 am on Tuesday and Thursday; and Four- and Pre-K five-year-olds on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Ours is a very personal and family-like environment where all of us take a special lnterest in every child. We are able to do many all-school activities in which older students work with and assist younger students, forming unique and lasting bonds. All the students know each other, and the teachers and staff know all the students. It's a great atmosphere!
- As a parent, one of your most important decisions is that of choosing the education that will most benefit your child. We are firmly committed to the values of a Catholic education and feel certain of its lifetime benefits. We'd be most happy to have your child become part of our family. You won't be disappointed!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alton Grades: PK-6 | 54 students
908 6th Ave
Alton, IA 51003
(712) 756-4532 215 PK-6
- Ankeny Grades: PK-12 | 368 students
1604 West 1st St
Ankeny, IA 50023
(515) 965-8114 136.1 PK-12
- Atkins Grades: PK-8 | 185 students
310 3rd Street W
Atkins, IA 52206
(319) 223-5271 80 PK-8
- Bellevue Grades: PK-12 | 317 students
403 Park Street
Bellevue, IA 52031
(563) 872-3284 91.1 PK-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.