- The Board, administration, teachers and parents of Delta Academy believe that a school system should provide a basic academic curriculum for both college bound students and those who plan to enter the workforce.
- We believe that a school should endeavor to develop creativity, independence, integrity, honesty and respect for authority, property and the rights of others.
- Honor can be learned, and at Delta Academy we have included it as an integral part of each student's learning experience.
- We believe that the teacher is the ultimate component in providing the varied learning opportunities in a controlled atmosphere of free expression and student participation.
- All faculty members and administrators are expected to be professional at all times.
- The teachers not only must facilitate learning to stimulate it, guide it and ensure that it happens but must develop inquiry and value clarification among their students.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Batesville Grades: PK-12 | 467 students
330 Green Wave Ln
Batesville, MS 38606
(662)563-4536 15.6 PK-12
- Belzoni Grades: 1-12 | 173 students
800 Pluck Rd
Belzoni, MS 39038
(662)247-1572 75.9 1-12
- Clarksdale Grades: PK-12 | 327 students
415 Lee Dr
Clarksdale, MS 38614
(662)627-7891 16.4 PK-12
- Columbus Grades: PK-12 | 526 students
625 Magnolia Ln
Columbus, MS 39705
(662)327-5272 117.8 PK-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.