Des Moines Adventist School
Tel: (515) 285-7729
- The Des Moines Seventh-day Adventist Junior Academy is part of the world-wide Seventh-day Aventist school network.
- The Seventh-day Adventist educational system includes elementary and high schools, colleges and universities in countries around the globe.
- The Des Moines Seventh-day Adventist Junior Academy family exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve.
- The Des Moines Seventh-day Adventist Junior Academy is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children.
- A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools.
- We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs.
- We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Des Moines Grades: NS-8 | 297 students
701 Wall Ave
Des Moines, IA 50315
(515) 285-3349 1.7 NS-8
- Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 246 students
1265 E 9th St
Des Moines, IA 50316
(515) 262-8025 4.3 PK-8
- Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 463 students
2922 Beaver Ave
Des Moines, IA 50310
(515) 255-3162 5.2 PK-8
- Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 130 students
5625 Franklin Ave
Des Moines, IA 50310
(515) 277-8349 5 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?