Christ The King School
- Christ the King School is a pre-kindergarten through eighth grade, Catholic educational facility with more than 200 students.
- We are located on the south side of Des Moines, Iowa, an expanding part of the city.
- Children Christ the King School holds a distinctive place among educational institutions in the Des Moines area by providing high-quality, affordable Catholic education for 50 years.
- Catholic schools have open enrollment policies and are viable options for both Catholic and non-Catholic children of all races, color and ethnic origins.
- Christ the King School provides its students with the best possible education within the context of our Catholic faith.
- We place at the heart of our educational process the person of Jesus Christ as we lead, teach and love by his example.
- At the core of Christ the King School is a commitment to care for each child's soul by blending Catholic values and discipline into a quality academic education.
- Fully accredited by the State of Iowa, our school follows an educational curriculum approved by the Catholic Diocese of Des Moines.
- Significant effort is directed toward reading and writing competency, math proficiency, and other areas of scholastic achievement.
- A full complement and variety of extracurricular and athletic activities also are offered.
- We believe in a partnership of parents, students and teachers working together to maintain a learning environment that is safe, orderly and nurturing.
- We are committed to family involvement as an important element of every student's academic, social and religious development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 233 students
1265 E 9th St
Des Moines, IA 50316
(515)262-8025 4.9 PK-8
- Des Moines Grades: NS-8 | 250 students
4320 Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50312
(515)279-5947 4.6 NS-8
- West Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 605 students
1601 Grand Ave
West Des Moines, IA 50265
(515)223-1284 6.2 PK-8
- West Des Moines Grades: K-8 | 638 students
7075 Ashworth Rd
West Des Moines, IA 50266
(515)457-7167 10.1 K-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.