Christ The King School
Tel: (515) 285-3349
- Christ the King School is a pre-kindergarten through eighth grade, Catholic educational facility with more than 200 students.
- We are located on the south side of Des Moines, Iowa, an expanding part of the city.
- Children Christ the King School holds a distinctive place among educational institutions in the Des Moines area by providing high-quality, affordable Catholic education for 50 years.
- Catholic schools have open enrollment policies and are viable options for both Catholic and non-Catholic children of all races, color and ethnic origins.
- Christ the King School provides its students with the best possible education within the context of our Catholic faith.
- We place at the heart of our educational process the person of Jesus Christ as we lead, teach and love by his example.
- At the core of Christ the King School is a commitment to care for each child's soul by blending Catholic values and discipline into a quality academic education.
- Fully accredited by the State of Iowa, our school follows an educational curriculum approved by the Catholic Diocese of Des Moines.
- Significant effort is directed toward reading and writing competency, math proficiency, and other areas of scholastic achievement.
- A full complement and variety of extracurricular and athletic activities also are offered.
- We believe in a partnership of parents, students and teachers working together to maintain a learning environment that is safe, orderly and nurturing.
- We are committed to family involvement as an important element of every student's academic, social and religious development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||297 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 246 students
1265 E 9th St
Des Moines, IA 50316
(515) 262-8025 4.9 PK-8
- Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 290 students
4320 Grand Ave
Des Moines, IA 50312
(515) 279-5947 4.6 PK-8
- West Des Moines Grades: PK-8 | 601 students
1601 Grand Ave
West Des Moines, IA 50265
(515) 223-1284 6.2 PK-8
- West Des Moines Grades: K-8 | 638 students
7075 Ashworth Rd
West Des Moines, IA 50266
(515) 457-7167 10.1 K-8
- Des Moines Grades: K-8 | 40 students
2317 Watrous Ave
Des Moines, IA 50321
(515) 285-7729 1.7 K-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.