Desiderata School Photo #2 - Small groups working through Language Arts in an instructor led lesson.
- Desiderata school has been offering successful educational programs for 25 years.
- Our dedicated, professional Student Sponsors bring many years of experience in education to each new student relationship.
- Students who attend Desiderata become part of a family that remains in touch long after the presentation of accredited diplomas.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD Dyslexia Dysgraphia Aspergers|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Cost listed is per student per year, for the most intensive program. Other programs are less expensive.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Abbi Reese|
|Admissions Associate||Erika McHenry|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Volunteer Service Opportunity
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Some excellent reasons to choose Desiderata School as the support structure for your student's education: Desiderata's 'B or better' policy insures that students achieve a high level of proficiency in each subject area before moving on. Class size is limited to 8 students, allowing some amount of important socialization, but limiting the level of unnecessary distraction. Over 400 different course descriptions ensure that your student has the best possible match between personality/learning style and curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Boulder Grades: 1-9 | 41 students
6717 S. Boulder Rd.
Boulder, CO 80303
(303)494-1468 15.2 1-9
- Boulder Grades: 9-12 | 50 students
96 Arapahoe Ave
Boulder, CO 80302
(303)443-9933 16.2 9-12
- Lafayette Grades: 9-12 | 43 students
1376 Miners Drive
Lafayette, CO 80026
(303)604-6512 14.7 9-12
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.