- Desiderata school has been offering successful educational programs for 25 years.
- Our dedicated, professional Student Sponsors bring many years of experience in education to each new student relationship.
- Students who attend Desiderata become part of a family that remains in touch long after the presentation of accredited diplomas.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD/ADHD Dyslexia Dysgraphia Aspergers|
|Total Students||45 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||Cost listed is per student per year, for the most intensive program. Other programs are less expensive.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Abbi Reese|
|Admissions Associate||Erika McHenry|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||General Art, Volunteer Service Opportunity, Yoga General Art, Yoga, Volunteer Service Opportunity,|
- Some excellent reasons to choose Desiderata School as the support structure for your student's education: Desiderata's 'B or better' policy insures that students achieve a high level of proficiency in each subject area before moving on. Class size is limited to 8 students, allowing some amount of important socialization, but limiting the level of unnecessary distraction. Over 400 different course descriptions ensure that your student has the best possible match between personality/learning style and curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BoulderGrades: 1-8
6717 S. Boulder Rd.
Boulder, CO 80303
- BoulderGrades: 9-12 | 32 students
1902 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302
- LafayetteGrades: 9-12 | 43 students
1376 Miners Drive
Lafayette, CO 80026
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.