Discovery Learning Center
- Discovery Learning Center's mission is to provide quality early childhood care and education in a supportive environment; that support extends to the children, the families and their community.
- The goal of everyone working with the children is to help each child have more positive feelings about him/herself, which includes confidence in the ability to learn, increasing self-control, positive social relationships and exploring new experiences, with the result of growing confident, competent, caring children.
- Philosophy is based on the child development theories of Erik Erickson, John Dewey, Arnold Gesell, Jean Piaget, and Lev Vygotsky, the curriculum models of constructivism, project approach, storybook journey, Bank Street approach, and theme immersion.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Steamboat Springs Grades: K | 10 students
625 S Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
(970)879-3761 0.9 K
- Kremmling Grades: K-9 | 5 students
1117 Jackson Avenue
Kremmling, CO 80459
(970)724-9604 41.2 K-9
- Tabernash Grades: K-12 | 69 students
274 Ponderosa Trl
Tabernash, CO 80478
(970)887-9784 60 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.