Duchesne High School
5.00 (1 review)
- Duchesne High School is a Catholic, co-ed, college preparatory school that prepares students for life by educating mind, body, and spirit as one.
- Here for generations and for generations to come, Duchesne delivers an unmatched educational experience.
- Its new Scholars Academy and four-time girls soccer state champions are just two examples of Duchesne`s exceptional success, from academics to athletics to the arts.
- A 9:1 student-teacher ratio creates a safe, family environment for students to reach their full potential.
- Numerous scholarships are offered to students; tuition assistance is available based on financial need. To schedule a visit, go to duchesne-hs.org/shadow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||301 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(polo, plaid skirt, khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available. Please call 636-946-2603 to set up a preliminary tuition assistance meeting.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lindsay McCullough|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agape Prayer Group, Chess Club, Key Club International, Link Crew, National Honor Society (NHS), Newspaper Staff, Outreach Club, Pizza Club, Pro-Life Club, Science Olympiad Team, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Tech Crew, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choirs, Drama Club, Improv Team, Speech Team, Thespians
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ping Pong Club
- At Duchesne High School, we are guided by one mission: to educate students in mind, body and spirit. We are a Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory school with a tradition of excellence reaching back to 1924. Challenging academics, competitive athletics and vibrant student activities create a thriving community where faith is our cornerstone. Combined with our superior academic opportunities and college preparatory environment, our affordable tuition positions Duchesne as an outstanding value in private Catholic education.
- While students follow a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, Duchesne High School's programs are designed for a wide range of academic abilities - from honors courses that challenge the intellectually gifted to basic courses that strengthen fundamental skills. A variety of elective courses allow students to tailor courses of study according to personal interests and career goals. Additionally, students can choose from 17 advanced college credit courses, covering all core academic subjects. Our college acceptance rate is 100 percent, and many graduates earn significant scholarship offers for superior performance in the classroom and community. To ready our students for future careers, technology is incorporated into all aspects of the curriculum.
- Duchesne's cocurricular activities ensure that all students are able to develop their individual gifts. From championship athletics to performing arts and service organizations, our programs encourage students to find unique niches that complement their education. Our campus ministry integrates faith into all aspects of our curriculum and student life. Retreats, sacraments, Christian service and prayer groups create an atmosphere where students pursue the chance to make a difference in our world and cultivate personal relationships with God.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- O Fallon Grades: 9-12 | 743 students
31 Saint Dominic Dr
O Fallon, MO 63366
(636)240-8303 12 9-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 9-12 | 626 students
530 E Lockwood Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314)968-1505 16.6 9-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 9-12 | 420 students
341 S Sappington Road
Saint Louis, MO 63122
(314)984-2800 16.4 9-12
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 527 students
3020 North Ballas Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314)625-9103 11.7 PK-12
- Saint Peters Grades: 9-12 | 394 students
5100 Mexico Rd
Saint Peters, MO 63376
(636)928-5100 4.6 9-12
Tell me about your school. I am the grandparent of a prospective student.
- Posted by Parent - mikef
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.