Visitation Academy Of St Louis
- Mission Statement - Visitation Academy is a community that exists to educate children and young women and to receive and share Jesus as Mary did in her visitation to Elizabeth.
- In an environment which values excellence in scholarship, spirituality, leadership and service, this Visitation Community encourages students to develop their unique gifts.
- As students learn to live Jesus with gentleness, humility, joy and freedom, they are prepared to continue to grow and to respond to others, the Church and the global community.
Visitation Academy Of St Louis places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||527 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||56 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, European History, French Language, Physics, Spanish Language, Statistics, United States History|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Average ACT score||29|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,685|
|Tuition Notes||$4,125 thru $16,545 - Montessori Preschool $16,545 - Grades K thru 5 $19,215 - Grade 6 - 8 $17500 - Grades 6 thru 8 $17980 - Grades 9 thru 12|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Sharon Spellman|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Stephanie Dolan|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Lacrosse, Paddle Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Ambassadors, Bellarmine Speech, Book Clubs, Campus Ministry Club, Chemistry Club, Chess Club, Christian Life Community, Earth Club, Film Club, French Club, Junior National Honor Society, Latin Club, National Honor Society, Robotics, Scholar Bowl Team, School Newspaper (Paper Moon), Spanish Club, Spectrum (Diversity Club), Spirit Club, Student Councils, Students in Medicine, Thespian Society, Visions Literary Magazine, Viz TV, Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE), Yearbook, Young Politicals, Youth in Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chamber Singers, Chorus, Concert Choir, Fall Musical, Middle School Play, One Act Plays, Winter Play
- Founded in 1833 by the Sisters of the Visitation, Visitation Academy is a private Catholic school whose mission of "valuing excellence in scholarship, spirituality, leadership and service" lies at the heart of a Visitation education. Dedicated to developing each student`s unique gifts in the comfort and safety of a strong spiritual and academic environment, Visitation Academy provides the only all-girls educational program for Grades 1 through 12 in the St. Louis area and offers a coeducational Montessori early childhood program.
- Visitation honors its rich history and traditions while maintaining a commitment to a 21st century education. Daily prayer, a dedication to service, and devotion to the school motto, "Live + Jesus," form the foundation from which strong, spiritual, and compassionate young women emerge. With a long-standing reputation for academic excellence, Visitation students learn in a community of like-minded young women, eager to discover new talents and fulfill new dreams. Visitation faculty are experienced and committed to their individual professional development. They each bring their own unique style of teaching to the classroom, but all share in the common desire to fully develop each student`s ability to think critically, communicate, collaborate, and create. Technology is appropriately integrated into the curriculum, and each student utilizes a laptop in her daily studies. This powerful combination of tradition and 21st century learning results in confident, well-rounded, high-achieving graduates prepared to succeed in college and beyond.
- Visitation Academy is centrally located immediately south of I-64/Highway 40 on Ballas Road in Town & Country.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 522 students
801 S. Spoede Rd.
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314)432-2021 1.5 PK-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 9-12 | 227 students
320 E Ripa Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63125
(314)544-1015 12 9-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 7-12 | 618 students
755 S Price Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314)993-4040 4.2 7-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 9-12 | 511 students
2307 S Lindbergh Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314)965-7205 2.2 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.