Nerinx Hall High School
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 589 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,950
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: Nov. 15 / Dec. 8 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Nerinx Hall High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Nerinx Hall is part of a proud history that began with three pioneer women - Mary Rhodes, Ann Havern, and Christina Stuart - who in 1812 founded the Sisters of Loretto. The burgeoning community was nurtured by Father Charles Nerinckx, a missionary priest from Belgium, who helped them establish the order. In 1924, the Sisters named their new school Nerinx Hall as a tribute to his work.
- SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT/PHILOSOPHY
- Nerinx Hall begins with the belief that educated, caring, empowered young women are essential to our world. Nerinx offers a community based on trust and rooted in the love of Christ. We strive to help each young woman know herself and her world. We offer her a loving community of faith that nurtures her individual gifts, enlivens her spirit and reveals a world where hope prevails. We call each young woman to deliberate, Christian action.
- ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS/PROCEDURE
- Admission for incoming freshmen is based on a comprehensive review of each applicant`s total record: transcript of previous school records (grades and test scores from 6th, 7th and 8th grades); written application; personal interview. Nerinx Hall accepts superior, above average and some average students who are capable of completing a four-year college-preparatory program and who contribute to the diversity and excellence of the Nerinx community.
- Besides the graduation requirements listed below, a Nerinx Hall education includes challenging elective classes in computer studies, science, fine arts (including orchestra and dance), social studies and theology; an Aesthetics Education Specialist who infuses the arts into all disciplines and enriches classes with speakers and special presentations that bring the best of St. Louis` cultural resources to Nerinx students; a 1-to-1 laptop learning environment, computers and multimedia technologies integrated into all classes; student learning centers including library, resource center, media center, art labs and science labs; wireless internet connection throughout the campus; a balanced counseling program which provides individualized college, personal and academic counseling and regular parent insight programs.
- ADVANCED PLACEMENT/COLLEGE CREDIT
- Advanced Placement courses are offered in science, math, English, world languages and fine arts. Qualified students may earn up to 30 hours of college credit in English, science, world languages, math, fine arts and social studies offered through the 1818 Advanced College Credit Program of St. Louis University or through a University of Missouri-St. Louis program.
- Significant student leadership opportunities include a dynamic student government, more than 50 clubs, and 14 sports. Students volunteer weekly at a variety of local agencies and opportunities for service trips are offered during spring break and summer. Co-curricular activities include theatre (two musicals and two dramas), a competitive choral ensemble, orchestra, mock trial, Model U.N., newspaper, literary magazine, art club and yearbook. A strong athletic program of 14 varsity sports is offered (golf, tennis, volleyball, field hockey, softball, cross country, basketball, racquetball, soccer, swimming, diving, track & field, lacrosse, and dance).
- GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
- Nerinx Hall provides a four-year, college-preparatory program. In order to graduate from Nerinx Hall, a student must complete at least 26 units as designated below. Most students select additional courses in their areas of interest and graduate with 27+ units of credit. English (4), Theology (4), Social Studies (3), Math (3), Science (3), World Language (2), Fine Arts (1),Physical Education (1), Business & Computer Technologies (1), and Electives (4).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Nerinx Hall High School cost?
Nerinx Hall High School's tuition is approximately $16,950 for private students.
What is Nerinx Hall High School's ranking?
Nerinx Hall High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees and Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Nerinx Hall High School?
The application deadline for Nerinx Hall High School is Nov. 15 / Dec. 8 / rolling (applications are due on Nov. 15 / Dec. 8 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Nerinx Hall High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards