Thomas Jefferson School
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: 7-12
- Enrollment: 85 students
- Yearly Tuition: $32,375
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 10 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Thomas Jefferson School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
Academics and Faculty
Business casual M-TH, Formal Fridays
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Admissions Ambassadors, Chess Club, Choir Club, Coding Club, Coffee Therapy, FIRST Robotics, Food Pirates, Green Club, GSA, International Thespian Society, Mock Trial Team, Pandora, Prom Committee, Residential Life, Robotics Team, SAC, Service Learning Club, Spirit Club, Student Council, Tennis, The Declaration, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Cabaret, Drama, Drawing, Fall Drama Production, music ensemble, Music Lessons, Set Design, Spring Arts Showcase, Spring Drama Production, Theater, Winter Arts Showcase
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness Club, Yoga
- The top-ranked Thomas Jefferson School (TJ) is internationally recognized as one of the best boarding and day schools. TJ stands in the Top 2% in the U.S. for Best High Schools for STEM and Best College Prep Private High Schools. Since 1946, TJ has instilled intellectual rigor and personal and social responsibility in its students as they prepare for college life. Visit the picturesque campus and experience what makes TJ one of the top schools in the country! Learn more at www.tjs.org.
- Application deadline: January 10/Rolling
- Top 3% Best Private High Schools in the U.S. (niche.com)
- 1450/31 is the average SAT/ACT score
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Hon. Thomas P. Griesa, '48 - Frmr US District Judge
- Mr. Bernat Rosner, '50 - Frmr General Counsel of Safeway; Author
- Mr. John H. Biggs, '54 - Director of Boeing Co.; Frmr CEO of TIAA-Cref
- Mr. Irv Williamson, 61 - US International Trade Commissioner
- Dr. Richard Levy, '63 - Pediatric Endocrinologist
- Mr. Keith Williamson, '70 - Senior VP and General Counsel for Centene Corporation
- Ms. Aimee Dowl, '92 - US Department of State; Author
- Dr. Dave Messina, '92 - COO at Cofactor Genomics
- Ms. Alisa Tang, '92 - Editor, Washington Post
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Thomas Jefferson School cost?
Thomas Jefferson School's tuition is approximately $32,375 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Thomas Jefferson School?
The acceptance rate of Thomas Jefferson School is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 88%.
Who are famous alumni from Thomas Jefferson School?
Thomas Jefferson School famous alumni include: Hon. Thomas P. Griesa, '48, Mr. Bernat Rosner, '50, Mr. John H. Biggs, '54, Mr. Irv Williamson, 61, Dr. Richard Levy, '63, Mr. Keith Williamson, '70, Ms. Aimee Dowl, '92, Dr. Dave Messina, '92 and Ms. Alisa Tang, '92.
What sports does Thomas Jefferson School offer?
Thomas Jefferson School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Soccer, Tennis and Volleyball.
What is Thomas Jefferson School's ranking?
Thomas Jefferson School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for: Highest average SAT score, Highest average ACT score, Highest percentage of students of color, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees and Most extracurriculars offered.
When is the application deadline for Thomas Jefferson School?
The application deadline for Thomas Jefferson School is Jan. 10 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 10 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Thomas Jefferson School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards