Lutheran High School South
- Lutheran High School South excels in providing Christian education in the Lutheran tradition for young men and women in grades 9-12.
- Our Christ-centered environment and challenging college prep curriculum help each student learn, grow, and prepare for college as well as prepare for a life anchored in faith in Christ and dedicated to service in His name.
- We're large enough to offer many opportunities for students to grow and excel, but small enough for students to participate in many different activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Call Mrs. Debbie Davis, Director of Special Education|
|Total Students||545 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Chemistry, Computer Programming (Java), English Language & Composition, English Language & Literature, Human Geography, Psychology, Statistics, US History|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,075|
|Tuition Notes||$1200 discount for association church members; multiple child discount|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Berner|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Art Club, AV Technology Club, Black Gold & Green Recyling Club, Bridge Club, CloseUp Washington, Engineering Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Language Honor Societies, Future Business Leaders of America, Future Professionals in Medicine, Intramurals, Jazz Band, KAIROS Small Group Leaders & Facilitators, Lancers for Life, Leadership Cabinet, Math Club, Messengers, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Plays & Musicals, Praise & Worship Team, Publications Club, Student Ambassadors, Student Council|
- At Lutheran South, we recognize that each student is a unique creation of God, blessed with gifts and talents waiting to be nurtured and used to His glory.
- Our courses are taught from a Lutheran Christian perspective, with our faculty members serving not only as teachers, but also as coaches, sponsors, mentors, encouragers, and friends to our students.
- At Lutheran South, as we strive to encourage each student to grow spiritually, academically, and personally; we dedicate everything we do to God's glory.
- Need-based tuition assistance is available.
- ."It's not just about what you learn or what you do, it's about who you become."
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 420 students
341 S Sappington Road
Saint Louis, MO 63122
- Saint LouisGrades: PK-12 | 615 students
3020 North Ballas Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
- Saint LouisGrades: 6-12 | 444 students
175 S Mason Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141
- Saint CharlesGrades: 9-12 | 301 students
2550 Elm Street
Saint Charles, MO 63301
- Saint LouisGrades: K-8 | 201 students
4248 Green Park Road
Saint Louis, MO 63125
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.