Salem Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (314) 353-9242
Salem Lutheran School has been serving the Affton, MO and South St. Louis City communities for over 100 years! During the 2009 – 2010 school year, we celebrated the 100th school year for Salem Lutheran School. God has blessed us with many great teachers and alumni. Former students of Salem Lutheran School have gone on to be doctors, teachers and Pastors. Many former students have even returned to be on staff at Salem, with three alumni currently serving.
The NAEP report, often called the “Nation’s Report Card,” ranked the Lutheran School system the #1 school system in the country.
Please contact us to learn more to learn about our school family and what we have to offer.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||246 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform Dress Code: khaki or navy/shorts, solid color polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see website for tuition information.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Handbells
- 193 students – small class sizes ensure a focused learning environment
- Affiliated with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
- Accreditated by Missouri Non-public Schools Association and the National Lutheran Schools Association
- Serving children ages 2 through 8th grade
- Learning Center to work with those students that need additional support
- Weekly chapel service
- Separate Pre-school and K-8 playgrounds
- Art, music, and physical education all taught by teachers who specialize in those areas
- Spanish and computer courses offered
- Before and after school care to help meet the needs of busy working families. Afternoon session includes homework help, guided by our teachers.
- Summer camp program “Camp Fun in the Sonshine” provides enriching fun for PK-3 thru 3rd grade children
This school is honestly so great!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - anon
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.