MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)
Tel: (314) 995-7367
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #2 - Our research-based and best-practice curriculum and methodologies are designed to ignite the interests and challenge the abilities of each of our young students.
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #3 - Through participation in the athletic program, students have the opportunity to gain and sustain emotional, intellectual and physical growth and well-being.
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #4 - The thoughtful integration of technology deepens student engagement and inspires a sophisticated level of critical thinking and analysis.
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #5 - We interweave skills and content through thematic studies where students engage with their lessons in a real-world context.
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #6 - All of our students, JK-12, are enjoying the new Steward Family Aquatic Center and William R. Orthwein, Sr. pool.
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #7 - Middle School programs offer a rich skills-based curriculum, encouraging academic and extracurricular experiences that lead to the discovery of new interests.
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #8 - State-of-the-art STEM teaching facilities, McDonnell Hall and Brauer Hall
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) Photo #9 - Art, music and world languages are all part of the curriculum for even our youngest learners. In the Upper School, students are required to take fine and performing arts classes.
MICDS is a college-prep, independent day school that offers a dynamic learning environment for intellectually curious and ambitious students from pre-K/junior kindergarten (age 4) through 12th grade.
We are currently accepting applications to all grade levels although the first-round application deadline has passed. For next steps, please contact the Admission Office at 314-995-7367 or follow the admission process steps on our website to apply today for the 2021-22 school year.
25% of MICDS students were collectively granted over 5.4 million in tuition assistance for the 2020-21 academic year. Visit our Tuition and Affordability web page.
Join us this summer at our MICDS Summer Camps: Camp Pegasus, Rams Sports Camps, Eliot Summer Academy, and Global Online Academy.
For updates regarding COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 Resources page.
We help students discover their unique talents, preparing them for higher education and a life of purpose and service as compassionate, engaged citizens of a global community.
- Building Confident, Independent Mathematicians in Beasley and Beyond - 02/03/2021 - Beasley parents had the opportunity this week to attend a Lower School Parent Education Coffee entitled Cultivating Approaches to Build Independent Mathematicians.
- Rams Rewind: 2020 Fall Sports Recap - 12/09/2020 - Take a look at all of the amazing accomplishments by our student-athletes in this fall sports recap.
- Despite Changes, The Turkey Train Rolls On - 11/20/2020 - Our community modified our Turkey Train tradition this year to still provide Thanksgiving meals to families in need in safe ways. Together, we donated turkeys, canned goods, and monetary donations ...moreto the St. Louis Area Foodbank for a record-breaking number of meals provided. hide
- Choir Presents Coronavirus-Inspired Parody of “For the Longest Time” - 11/06/2020 - Enjoy this virtual performance of a pandemic-themed parody of Billy Joel`s For the Longest Time, offered by students in Dana Self`s Upper School Chamber Choir class. The tune humorously laments ...morethe realities of life during the pandemic. hide
- A Successful Start to our Hybrid Learning Model - 10/06/2020 - Our hybrid learning model of school is officially underway! After welcoming back many of our Middle and Upper Schoolers last week, this week, we welcomed back to campus many of ...moreour 7th, 9th, and 10th graders. Smiling eyes and warm gestures greeted students who were both brand new or returning to campus, and the energy of having many of our Rams back together again, with health and safety procedures in place, was palpable! hide
- Welcoming Some of our Middle & Upper Schoolers Back to Campus - 10/01/2020 - A new month is here and with it comes our new hybrid model of school! If you can`t tell due to the masks, we were delighted to start welcoming back ...moreMiddle and Upper School students to in-person, on-campus learning once again. How great it is to see so many of our Rams` faces on our beautiful fall campus! hide
- Seniors Named Semifinalists in the 2021 National Merit Scholarship Program - 09/17/2020 - Last week, officials of National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) announced the names of approximately 16,000 Semifinalists in the 66th annual National Merit Scholarship Program, and we are pleased to add ...more11 talented MICDS students to that list! hide
- Getting our Rams Back to School Safely in 2020 - 08/20/2020 - This school year, the back-to-school buzz at MICDS included a lot of anticipation and questions about how exactly learning would be conducted this fall. Like every year, the health and ...moresafety of our students and the rest of our community are topmost priorities. All summer, our leadership team, faculty, and staff have been hard at work preparing for the fall, researching and implementing the best safety initiatives. hide
- 2020-2021 First Day of School - 08/18/2020 - Students returned to campus this week donning masks and maintaining social distance, a habit we`ve all gotten used to this year. Beasley students were welcomed back for in-class learning or ...morecould choose to learn from home. Middle and Upper School students had the option to either come to campus and attend virtual classes or remain at home. hide
- ...read more
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||1,240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||153 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP AB Calculus, AP Art History, AP BC Calculus, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Language and Culture: Chinese, AP Language and Culture: French, AP Language and Culture: Spanish, AP Latin, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 3-D Design, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP Studio Art: Photography, AP US Government and Politics|
|Average SAT score||1347|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 22 / Jan. 29 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $21,800 - $29,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,000|
|Admissions Director||Eric Brunt|
|Admissions Associate||Peggy Laramie|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Diving, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
50+ Clubs and Affinity Groups
Arts and Music Programs:
Flourishing Visual and Performing Arts Programs
- MICDS is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian, college-prep,
independent day school that offers a dynamic learning environment
for intellectually curious and ambitious students from pre-K/junior
kindergarten (age 4) through 12th grade.
- We are currently accepting applications to all grade levels
although the first-round application deadline has passed. For next
steps, please contact the Admission Office at 314-995-7367 or
follow the admission process steps on our website to apply today for the
2021-22 school year.
- At MICDS, we help students discover their unique talents,
preparing them for higher education and a life of purpose and
service as compassionate, engaged citizens of a global community.
When your child attends MICDS, they'll receive an unmatched
education in math, science, and the humanities. They'll acquire
strong academic skills and a lifelong love of learning. They'll
learn from the best teachers who are skilled educators, experts in
their fields, mentors, and coaches. At MICDS, your child will
engage with a hands-on and innovative curriculum, giving them a
deep understanding across disciplines and grade levels. They'll
enjoy small class sizes that promote vibrant intellectual exchange
and a strong spirit of community.
Your future MICDS Ram will also have access to state-of-the-art facilities, which reflects the School's ongoing investment in their future. Take a virtual tour and experience for yourself our STEM facility-the most advanced secondary education building in the region-equipped with laboratories for research, plant sciences, and robotics. Check out our athletics facilities including the Steward Family Aquatic Center, Holtman Stadium and O'Hara Field, and Holekamp Track and Field Stadium, which enhance our strong athletic program and reflect the School`s commitment to excellence in all endeavors. At MICDS, your child will be challenged to become their best self. Empowered by our collaborative community, they'll explore their passions, engage in innovative learning, and pursue excellence in and out of the classroom.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: 7-12 | 650 students
755 S Price Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314) 993-4040 1.8 7-12
- Florissant Grades: PK-12 | 277 students
845 Dunn Rd
Florissant, MO 63031
(314) 972-6227 9 PK-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.