MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)
- Top Ranked MO School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 1,251 students
- Yearly Tuition: $23,000
- Acceptance rate: 54%
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 9 / Jan. 10 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Upcoming Events and News
- Reception - Thu., December 08, 2022 - get more information!
- Reception - Tue., January 17, 2023 - get more information!
- MICDS Warmly Welcomes New Students - 08/19/2022Each year, about 200 new students join our community. Starting a new school can be tough. Our team of dedicated faculty and staff work hard to make the transition as seamless-and fun-as possible, and current students join in to create connections and share their experiences
- Ninth Graders Become Roller Coaster Engineers - 01/26/2022The MICDS freshman class became filled with roller coaster engineers recently when the ninth graders were theoretically tasked with creating a new ride at Six Flags St. Louis. Their teachers thought them well-equipped for the job since during the first semester in the ninth-grade Chemical and Physical Systems science class, they dove into a variety of physics topics. Students learned about velocity, acceleration, forces, and energy-all key areas of science incorporated into the building of a roller coaster. Additionally, they grew in their ability to use Science and Engineering Practices (SEP) skills which are listed below:
- MICDS Homecoming Returns! - 09/29/2021The MICDS community was full of school spirit and gratitude for the return of our Homecoming festivities in September.
- MICDS Celebrates the First Day of 2021-2022 School Year - 08/18/2021The 2021-2022 school year was off to a fast start as students from the Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School began classes on Tuesday, August 17.
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
50+ Clubs and Affinity Groups
Arts and Music Programs:
Flourishing Visual and Performing Arts Programs
- MICDS is a private, nonprofit, non-sectarian, college-prep,
independent day school that offers a dynamic learning environment
for intellectually curious and ambitious students from Pre-K/Junior
Kindergarten (age 4) through 12th grade.
- We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 academic year. Apply through our website and please contact the Admission Office at 314-995-7367 if you have any questions.
- At MICDS, we help students discover their unique talents, preparing them for higher education and a life of purpose and service as compassionate, engaged citizens of a global community. When your child attends MICDS, they'll receive an unmatched education in math, science, and the humanities. They'll acquire strong academic skills and a lifelong love of learning. They'll learn from the best teachers who are skilled educators, experts in their fields, mentors, and coaches. At MICDS, your child will engage with a hands-on and innovative curriculum, giving them a deep understanding across disciplines and grade levels. They'll enjoy small class sizes that promote vibrant intellectual exchange and a strong spirit of community.
- Your future MICDS Ram will also have access to state-of-the-art facilities, which reflects the School's ongoing investment in their future. Take a tour and experience for yourself our STEM facility-the most advanced secondary education building in the region-equipped with laboratories for research, plant sciences, and robotics. Check out our athletics facilities including the Steward Family Aquatic Center, Holtman Stadium and O'Hara Field, and Holekamp Track and Field Stadium, which enhance our strong athletic program and reflect the School`s commitment to excellence in all endeavors. At MICDS, your child will be challenged to become their best self. Empowered by our collaborative community, they'll explore their passions, engage in innovative learning, and pursue excellence in and out of the classroom.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Edna Fischel Gelhorn, 1896 - Edna Fischel Gellhorn was an American suffragist and reformer who played a prominent role in founding the National League of Women Voters.
- Irma Rombauer Tuffs, 1901 - Irma Rombauer Tuffs was an American cookbook author, best known for The Joy of Cooking, one of the world's most widely read cookbooks.
- Vincent Price, 1929 - Vincent Price Jr. was an American actor best known for his performances in horror films, although his career spanned other genres, including film noir, drama, mystery, thriller, and comedy. He appeared on stage, television, and radio, and in more than 100 films.
- Harriett Bland Green, 1933 - Harriet Bland was an Olympian and a member of the St. Louis AC team that won the AAU relay in 1935. In Berlin she ran the first stage on the relay team that took the gold medals after the Germans, who had set a world record in the heats but dropped the baton on the last exchange.
- William DeWitt, 1959 - William O. DeWitt Jr. is an American businessman and currently the managing partner and chairman of the St. Louis Cardinals, a professional baseball franchise which competes in Major League Baseball.
- Linda Wells, 1976 - Linda Wells is an American journalist and founder of Allure magazine.
- Jim Lee, 1982 - Jim Lee is a Korean American comic-book artist, writer, editor, and publisher. He is currently the Co-Publisher and Chief Creative Officer of DC Comics.
- Joe Buck, 1987 - Joseph Buck is an American sportscaster and the son of sportscaster Jack Buck. He has won numerous Sports Emmy Awards for his work with Fox Sports.
- Chrissy Taylor Broughton, 1994 - Christine Taylor Broughton is President and CEO of Enterprise Holdings which operates Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental.
- Sterling K. Brown, 1994 - Sterling K. Brown is an Emmy Award-winning actor who starred in NBC's Emmy and Golden Globe nominated drama series This Is Us.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) cost?
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)'s tuition is approximately $23,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)?
The acceptance rate of MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) is 54%, which is lower than the national average of 88%. MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)'s acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Missouri with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)?
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) famous alumni include: Edna Fischel Gelhorn, 1896, Irma Rombauer Tuffs, 1901, Vincent Price, 1929, Harriett Bland Green, 1933, William DeWitt, 1959, Linda Wells, 1976, Jim Lee, 1982, Joe Buck, 1987, Chrissy Taylor Broughton, 1994 and Sterling K. Brown, 1994.
What sports does MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) offer?
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) offers 20 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling. MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for most sports offered.
What is MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)'s ranking?
MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for: Highest average ACT score, Lowest average acceptance rates, Highest percentage of students of color, Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School)?
The application deadline for MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School) is Dec. 9 / Jan. 10 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 9 / Jan. 10 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School). Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards