Chaminade College Prep School
- Chaminade educates young men, grades 6 - 12, in the CatholicMarianist tradition.
- Chaminade's intention is to ensure that every young man thatpasses through our doors is able to achieve the balance betweenschool life and play.
- Our school motto is ESTO VIR, "Be a Man," and it is a truejourney from boyhood to manhood that includes spiritual,educational, and social development.
- As a school for boys, Chaminade is created from the prespectiveof how young men learn, build relationships and interact with theworld. Our school mission is to cultivate a student's inherentskills, gifts and talents while realizing their potenial asmen.
- This is accomplished through our Academics, Formation ofCharacter, and Athletics & Activities.
Chaminade College Prep School places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||learning consultant on staff to assist students with mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||834 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Management Info Systems, Advanced Theatre, American Government, American History, Anatomy & Physiology, Ancient Greek, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Ceramics, Chemistry, CISCO Academy, Comparative Politics, Computer Science, English / Language, English / Literature, European History, Foundations of Theology, French Language, Introduction to Film, Latin: Vergil, Macroeconomics, Management Information Systems, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics B, Probability / Statistics, Psychology, Public Speaking, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, World History, World Religions|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirt, khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,275|
|Tuition Notes||books, class fees, trip fees and laptop lease fees are addtional|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dianne Dunning-Gill|
|Admissions Associate||Erik Carretero|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Youth Foundation, Barbecue Club, Campus Ministry Council, Chess Club, CSPN (Chaminade TV), Earth Club, Focus St. Louis, House System captains, Literary Magazine, Marianist Life Community, Math Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography Club, Pro-Life Club, Rocket Club, Scholar Bowl, Speech & Debate, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band ensembles, Drama
- Chaminade College Preparatory School educates young men, grades6-12, in the Catholic Marianist tradition. Chaminade's intention isto ensure that every young man that passes through our doors isable to achieve the balance between school life and play. Ourschool motto is ESTO VIR, "Be a Man" and it is a true journey fromboyhood to manhood that includes spiritual, educational and socialdevelopment.
- As a school for boys, Chaminade is created from the perspectiveof how young men learn, build relationships and interact with theworld. Our school mission is to cultivate a student's inherentskills, gifts and talents while realizing their potential as men.This is accomplished through our Academics, Formation of Characterand Athletics & Activities.
- Chaminade provides a modern, academically challengingcurriculum using personalized instruction. Our classrooms,averaging 17 students, are student-centered and address multiplelearning styles. The alternating block schedule allows for longerclassroom experiences for debates, labs and deeper academicengagement.
- The house system provides the natural framework by whichleadership and family spirit come alive every day. Young men learnand grow by doing and Chaminade's many activities provide an outletfor every student. From Improv Club, to Marianist Life Community,drama productions and everything in between, there is truly a homeat Chaminade for everyone.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Chaminade College Prep School also viewed these schools: De Smet Jesuit High School, John Burroughs School, St John Vianney High School, Whitfield School and MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: 7-12 | 618 students
755 S Price Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314)993-4040 2.2 7-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 9-12 | 605 students
1311 S Kirkwood Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63122
(314)965-4853 6.1 9-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 6-12 | 461 students
175 S Mason Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141
(314)434-5141 3.9 6-12
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 1245 students
101 N Warson Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314)995-7367 0.8 PK-12
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.