Chaminade College Prep School
- Chaminade educates young men, grades 6 - 12, in the Catholic Marianist tradition.
- Chaminade's intention is to ensure that every young man that passes through our doors is able to achieve the balance between school life and play.
- Our school motto is ESTO VIR, "Be a Man," and it is a true journey from boyhood to manhood that includes spiritual, educational, and social development.
- As a school for boys, Chaminade is created from the prespective of how young men learn, build relationships and interact with the world. Our school mission is to cultivate a student's inherent skills, gifts and talents while realizing their potenial as men.
- This is accomplished through our Academics, Formation of Character, and Athletics & Activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||learning consultant on staff to assist students with mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2016|
|Total Students||834 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||85 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||26 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Management Info Systems, Advanced Theatre, American Government, American History, Anatomy & Physiology, Ancient Greek, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Ceramics, Chemistry, CISCO Academy, Comparative Politics, Computer Science, English / Language, English / Literature, European History, Foundations of Theology, French Language, Introduction to Film, Latin: Vergil, Macroeconomics, Management Information Systems, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics B, Probability / Statistics, Psychology, Public Speaking, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, World History, World Religions,|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirt, khaki pants or shorts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,275|
|Tuition Notes||books, class fees, trip fees and laptop lease fees are addtional|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dianne Dunning-Gill|
|Admissions Associate||Erik Carretero|
|Total Sports Offered||18 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||23 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
American Youth Foundation, Barbecue Club, Campus Ministry Council, Chess Club, CSPN (Chaminade TV), Earth Club, Focus St. Louis, House System captains, Literary Magazine, Marianist Life Community, Math Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography Club, Pro-Life Club, Rocket Club, Scholar Bowl, Speech & Debate, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band ensembles, Drama
- Chaminade College Preparatory School educates young men, grades 6-12, in the Catholic Marianist tradition. Chaminade's intention is to ensure that every young man that passes through our doors is able to achieve the balance between school life and play. Our school motto is ESTO VIR, "Be a Man" and it is a true journey from boyhood to manhood that includes spiritual, educational and social development.
- As a school for boys, Chaminade is created from the perspective of how young men learn, build relationships and interact with the world. Our school mission is to cultivate a student's inherent skills, gifts and talents while realizing their potential as men. This is accomplished through our Academics, Formation of Character and Athletics & Activities.
- Chaminade provides a modern, academically challenging curriculum using personalized instruction. Our classrooms, averaging 17 students, are student-centered and address multiple learning styles. The alternating block schedule allows for longer classroom experiences for debates, labs and deeper academic engagement.
- The house system provides the natural framework by which leadership and family spirit come alive every day. Young men learn and grow by doing and Chaminade's many activities provide an outlet for every student. From Improv Club, to Marianist Life Community, drama productions and everything in between, there is truly a home at Chaminade for everyone.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 964 students
233 N New Ballas Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141
- Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 630 students
1311 S Kirkwood Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63122
- Saint LouisGrades: 9-12 | 1094 students
4970 Oakland Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
- Saint LouisGrades: 6-12 | 444 students
175 S Mason Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141
- Saint LouisGrades: 7-12 | 618 students
755 S Price Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
April 20, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.