The College School
Tel: (302) 831-0222
- At The College School, children flourish in a kind and supportive environment where small class sizes and a clear designed program of instruction guide teachers in narrowing the gap between a child’s learning potential and his/her achievement.
- Students at The College School are provided with an integrated approach to education, receiving various opportunities to acquire and develop their academic and social competence.
- Master teachers and a nurturing support staff take the essential time to teach strategies that promote confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy within each child.
- These are traits our children will possess and carry with them for a lifetime.
- While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
- As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University.
- In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||$19,000 per year|
|Admissions Director||Laura C. Dougherty|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 73 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302) 737-8260 3.9 K-8
- Wilmington Grades: PK-12 | 102 students
6201 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807
(302) 571-0230 12.1 PK-12
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302) 547-2285 0.8 K-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.