The College School
- At The College School, children flourish in a kind and supportive environment where small class sizes and a clear designed program of instruction guide teachers in narrowing the gap between a child’s learning potential and his/her achievement.
- Students at The College School are provided with an integrated approach to education, receiving various opportunities to acquire and develop their academic and social competence.
- Master teachers and a nurturing support staff take the essential time to teach strategies that promote confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy within each child.
- These are traits our children will possess and carry with them for a lifetime.
- While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
- As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University.
- In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||$19,000 per year|
|Admissions Director||Laura C. Dougherty|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 73 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302)737-8260 3.9 K-8
- Wilmington Grades: PK-12 | 102 students
6201 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807
(302)571-0230 12.1 PK-12
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302)547-2285 0.8 K-12
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.