The College School
- At The College School, children flourish in a kind and supportive environment where small class sizes and a clear designed program of instruction guide teachers in narrowing the gap between a child’s learning potential and his/her achievement.
- Students at The College School are provided with an integrated approach to education, receiving various opportunities to acquire and develop their academic and social competence.
- Master teachers and a nurturing support staff take the essential time to teach strategies that promote confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy within each child.
- These are traits our children will possess and carry with them for a lifetime.
- While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
- As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University.
- In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||$19,000 per year|
|Admissions Director||Laura C. Dougherty|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 79 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302)737-8260 3.9 K-8
- Wilmington Grades: Inquire with school | 102 students
6201 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807
(302)571-0230 12.1 Inquire with school
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302)547-2285 0.8 K-12
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.