The College School
- At The College School, children flourish in a kind and supportive environment where small class sizes and a clear designed program of instruction guide teachers in narrowing the gap between a child’s learning potential and his/her achievement.
- Students at The College School are provided with an integrated approach to education, receiving various opportunities to acquire and develop their academic and social competence.
- Master teachers and a nurturing support staff take the essential time to teach strategies that promote confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy within each child.
- These are traits our children will possess and carry with them for a lifetime.
- While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
- As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University.
- In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||$19,000 per year|
|Admissions Director||Laura C. Dougherty|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: K-8 | 79 students
302 Darling St
Newark, DE 19702
(302)737-8260 3.9 K-8
- Wilmington Grades: Inquire with school | 102 students
6201 Kennett Pike
Wilmington, DE 19807
(302)571-0230 12.1 Inquire with school
- Newark Grades: K-12 | 160 students
91 Salem Church Rd
Newark, DE 19713
(302)547-2285 0.8 K-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.