The Wilson School
- A Wilson education gives children age three through sixth grade a strong academic foundation in the caring environment they need to succeed.
- At Wilson, students are known, nurtured and challenged each and every day.
- Teachers are empowered to develop customized curriculum that connects foundational learning with innovative, project-based experiences which engage and inspire.
- An intentional class size with two full-time, professional educators per classroom and subject area specialists creates an environment where students can take risks, develop leadership skills and strive to reach their personal best.
- With a high-tech facility that feels like a home away from home, students who graduate from The Wilson School are well-balanced, poised, and equipped to engage confidently and creatively for success in school and in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,700|
|Tuition Notes||Half-day Pre-K (3 and 4-year-olds) available for $13,800. Early and extended day care are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maggie Baisch|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Band, Chess, Destinatination Imagination (DI), Geography Bee, Minecraft Club, Robotics Club, Senior Choir
Arts and Music Programs:
- At The Wilson School, each day brings a world of opportunity. Our students consistently rank in the top tenth percentile nationally and are admitted into their first or second choice secondary school. Above all, Wilson students graduate with the confidence, poise, curiosity, preparation, open-mindedness, creativity, and critical thinking skills they need to succeed in life after Wilson.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 372 students
6235 Wydown Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)726-4542 0.3 PK-6
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 162 students
1360 Tamm Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)647-5244 1.4 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 353 students
3964 Castleman Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314)776-7837 3.8 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-8 | 158 students
6345 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)721-4422 0.1 NS-8
Wilson is excellent in so many ways, it`s hard to condense into this review. The timeless, classical curriculum with French and Latin, challenging literature, and rigorous math make it the perfect way to start a traditional liberal education. This is not the latest fad; it`s what has worked well for generations. And the student body adds to it. Diversity at Wilson means other languages spoken at home (more than 20 different ones), students born in other countries, parents doing business in many geographies. My children learn so much from hearing the perspectives of these international families. In addition, the faculty and headmaster are long-tenured and heavily invested in the school. It`s not a career stepping stone, nor a place with a fickle board. The benefits of this show in all the details one sees every day as a parent.
- Posted by Parent - StL Parent