The Wilson School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (314) 725-4999
The Wilson School Photo #2 - Newly renovated facilities at The Wilson School include an innovation room, featuring a state-of-the-art immersion wall with 18 flat screen panels. The flexible space is used for project-based learning, virtual tours and interviews, and a wide variety of interactive multi-media activities.
The Wilson School Photo #3 - Students at The Wilson School enjoy many opportunities for hands-on exploration.
The Wilson School Photo #4 - "Make Your Mark A Good One" is our school motto. Each month, the entire school participates in a student-led assembly oriented towards the MYMAGO theme. This tradition offers exceptional leadership and public speaking opportunities for all ages. Students who graduate Wilson are poised and at ease speaking to a crowd.
The Wilson School Photo #5 - The Wilson School buddy program is a special tradition where students in our early childhood program are paired with students from our upper school. Each week, they participate in activities that provide wonderful peer-to-peer learning and friendship opportunities.
The Wilson School Photo #6 - Nestled within a tree-lined neighborhood of Clayton, Missouri, The Wilson School takes full advantage of its close proximity to the St. Louis Zoo and Forest Park as extensions of the campus. A special partnership with the Zoo affords students many unique opportunities.
The Wilson School Photo #7 - Since 1913, The Wilson School has provided an extraordinary experience in elementary education for children age three through sixth grade. Preparing students for success in an ever-changing world, our exceptional educators combine classic and innovative methods within a warm, nurturing environment.
- A Wilson education gives children age three through sixth grade a strong academic foundation in the caring environment they need to succeed.
- At Wilson, students are known, nurtured and challenged each and every day.
- Teachers are empowered to develop customized curriculum that connects foundational learning with innovative, project-based experiences which engage and inspire.
- An intentional class size with two full-time, professional educators per classroom and subject area specialists creates an environment where students can take risks, develop leadership skills and strive to reach their personal best.
- With a high-tech facility that feels like a home away from home, students who graduate from The Wilson School are well-balanced, poised, and equipped to engage confidently and creatively for success in school and in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,700|
|Tuition Notes||Half-day Pre-K (3 and 4-year-olds) available for $13,800. Early and extended day care are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maggie Baisch|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Fencing, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Band, Chess, Destinatination Imagination (DI), Geography Bee, Minecraft Club, Robotics Club, Senior Choir
Arts and Music Programs:
- At The Wilson School, each day brings a world of opportunity. Our students consistently rank in the top tenth percentile nationally and are admitted into their first or second choice secondary school. Above all, Wilson students graduate with the confidence, poise, curiosity, preparation, open-mindedness, creativity, and critical thinking skills they need to succeed in life after Wilson.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-6 | 357 students
6235 Wydown Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314) 726-4542 0.3 NS-6
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 323 students
5209 Waterman Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63108
(314) 361-6411 2 PK-6
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 116 students
1360 Tamm Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314) 647-5244 1.4 PK-8
Wilson's a fantastic and very special school that made a deep impression on me and my family. The school has a warm and welcoming culture that you can feel as soon as you walk in the door. The academics set me up for success in secondary school and beyond. I took college classes in Ancient Civilizations and Mythology based on my fascination with what I learned about them at Wilson. My whole family loves going back to visit Wilson to connect old friends and share memories.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alumni
Wilson is a school that feels like an extension of home. Its small size is a true gift to its students and families. Every student and their family is known by the entire faculty and staff, and children are valued as unique individuals. Not only are students challenged academically, they also learn important social and emotional skills to help them succeed out of the school walls. My child loves going to school every day and we feel so lucky to have found such a treasure of a school in St. Louis.
- Posted by Parent - Wilson Parent
Wilson is excellent in so many ways, it`s hard to condense into this review. The timeless, classical curriculum with French and Latin, challenging literature, and rigorous math make it the perfect way to start a traditional liberal education. This is not the latest fad; it`s what has worked well for generations. And the student body adds to it. Diversity at Wilson means other languages spoken at home (more than 20 different ones), students born in other countries, parents doing business in many geographies. My children learn so much from hearing the perspectives of these international families. In addition, the faculty and headmaster are long-tenured and heavily invested in the school. It`s not a career stepping stone, nor a place with a fickle board. The benefits of this show in all the details one sees every day as a parent.
- Posted by Parent - StL Parent
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?