The St Michael School Of Clayton
The St Michael School Of Clayton Photo #2 - The St. Michael School of Clayton supports each child in developing character,independence, strong academic skills and intellectual curiosity, which will result in a thinker who listens, an inquirer who negotiates, an inventor who collaborates, and an individual who believes in him or herself.
The St Michael School Of Clayton Photo #3 - We believe all children are strong, capable and intelligent.
The St Michael School Of Clayton Photo #4 - Children communicate through many materials, often referred to as the 100 Languages of Children." The senses play a big role in the learning process children must be able to touch, move, listen, see and hear in order to fully process something;
- The St. Michael School teaches to children 12 weeks through 8th Grade.
- The school is a collaborative environment which cultivates a diverse student population, an innovative faculty, and meaningful partnerships with parents.
- The St. Michael School children develop character, academic skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Each child becomes: a thinker who listens, an inquirer who negotiates, an inventor who collaborates, and an individual who believes in him or herself.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$480|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$480 per session|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,700|
|Tuition Notes||17,100 PreK-4th 17,700 5th-8th|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
|Admissions Director||Lori Timmons|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
4 O'Clock Rock, Drama Club, Sewing Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- The St. Michael School of Clayton is an independent school for children of all faiths. With a low student-teacher ratio, the school achieves a rigorous academic program that meets the needs of each child. Academics are given full dimension through long-term multi disciplinary research projects. The St. Michael School is nationally known for its work with The Reggio Emilia Approach. Students have Spanish and Physical Education daily in toddler through 8th grade. The Physical Education curriculum includes swimming, skating and orienteering.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 162 students
1360 Tamm Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)647-5244 1.4 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 353 students
3964 Castleman Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63110
(314)776-7837 3.8 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.