Chesterfield Montessori School
- Chesterfield Montessori School was founded in 1981 as a private, non-profit school serving children of toddler, preschool, kindergarten, elementary and adolescent ages, from 16 months through 8th grade.
- CMS is AMI-certified and offers authentic Montessori education for children of all ages.
Chesterfield Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language and math|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Ranges from $990 to $1865|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from $12,000 to $19,250 per year|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lise Riet-Lague|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Gymnastics, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Gymnastics,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, First Lego League Robotics Team, Girl Scouts
Arts and Music Programs:
Music Class for 3-6 years, The Young Musician Private Piano Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Children's Yoga, gymnastics, Soccer, Tennis
- Founded in 1981, Chesterfield Montessori School currently offers authentic Montessori programs from toddlers (age 16 months) through 8th grade. CMS is accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), as well as a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Independent Schools of St. Louis (ISSL). The school is situated on a five-acre campus in Chesterfield, with an architectural award-winning building, playgrounds, a swimming pool, two tennis courts and a children's garden. All of our beautifully sunlit classrooms are well-organized and equipped with the full spectrum of learning materials scientifically developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, designed to challenge and stimulate our students. Drawn from many countries and diverse backgrounds, CMS students develop a strong sense of responsibility, community and compassion for others. Our highly educated teachers work with each child individually and in small groups to ensure that each child is guided, challenged and nurtured in a way that best serves their overall academic, social and emotional needs. At CMS, our goal is to give each child a passion for learning and success for life.
- Most importantly, Montessori educators recognize Chesterfield Montessori School as one of the finest Montessori schools in the United States. Please visit CMS` website for more information: http://www.chesterfieldmontessori.org.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesterfield Grades: K-8 | 52 students
13431 N Outer 40 Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
(347) 579-9610 1.3 K-8
- Florissant Grades: PK-12 | 277 students
845 Dunn Rd
Florissant, MO 63031
(314) 972-6227 12.5 PK-12
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-8 | 158 students
6345 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314) 721-4422 10.9 NS-8
I absolutely love this school! They really set the bar for Montessori education. So glad my kids are part of this amazing educational journey! All of the staff and teachers are wonderful. But I have to shout out about our head of school Ms. Anita Chastain because she GETS my kids. She really understands them and that is worth far more to me then you can know. I feel secure that their needs are being met and that she, along side my husband and I, is their biggest advocate!!
- Posted by Parent - jberg
This school is amazing. It has taught my son how to be independent, work with all ages, and to love learning. The school will maximize your child's potential and start a fire inside your child that thrives on learning. It is expensive, but we feel it is important to build on his foundation of early education to give him the most chance for success in the future. My son is 3, potty-trained at 18 months, starting to recognize words, and amazes my friends and family with his vocabulary, confidence, politeness and happiness! Thank you to this wonderful school!
- Posted by Parent - nikki
You will not believe the flame for learning that is sparked within your child. My children feel confident and comfortable because of the learning environment that CMS creates!
- Posted by Parent - dfrom
I have 2 daughters who attend CMS and it has been a wonderful experience to see them develop their independence and personalities from the first day they started at CMS. The teachers and staff foster an amazing environment to make learning fun and a lifelong skill. The small community is perfect for individual attention and close interaction with all the other families. I can't imagine my kids at any other school!
- Posted by Parent - milay
I have 2 children who attend CMS, and I could not be more satisfied with the education they are receiving. My children are very different in their personalities and their learning style, but they are receiving such individual attention from their teachers that they are both succeeding academically and socially. I also love that they are interacting with students from such a wide range of backgrounds, and being expose to so many different cultures and languages. The small school environment means that most families interact on a regular basis. We all know each other and our children.
- Posted by Parent - shern
This is my daughter's second year at Chesterfield Montessori School, and it is hard to express how much we love this school. The respect that is given and taught to each child is beyond compare. We have found the teachers and staff truly care about the children and work diligently to develop the whole child, hand in hand with the parents.
- Posted by Parent - julie
We highly recommend Chesterfield Montessori School. Our children have attended there for the past eight years and absolutely love learning! Their teachers are very dedicated, caring, intelligent, and creative professionals. Their Montessori methods have helped all four of our children truly bloom as independent learners. They also appreciate that they can participate in the wonderful variety of after school programs now available. Chesterfield Montessori School is a gorgeous, clean facility with such a serene environment that is so conducive to learning. We are truly grateful that we have CMS from preschool all the way to eighth grade!
- Posted by Parent - clla6