Chesterfield Montessori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Chinese Club, First Lego League Robotics Team, Math Club, Nature and Science club
Arts and Music Programs:
Music Class for 3-6 years, The Young Musician Private Piano Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Children's Yoga, Girls on the Run, Soccer, Tai Chi, Tennis
- Founded in 1981, Chesterfield Montessori School currently offers authentic Montessori programs from toddlers (age 16 months) through 6th grade. CMS is accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), as well as a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Independent Schools of St. Louis (ISSL). The school is situated on a five-acre campus in Chesterfield, with an architectural award-winning building, playgrounds, a tennis court, basketball court, a prairie restoration project and a children's garden. All of our beautifully sunlit classrooms are well-organized and equipped with the full spectrum of learning materials scientifically developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, designed to challenge and stimulate our students. Drawn from many countries and diverse backgrounds, CMS students develop a strong sense of responsibility, community and compassion for others. Our highly educated teachers work with each child individually and in small groups to ensure that each child is guided, challenged and nurtured in a way that best serves their overall academic, social and emotional needs. At CMS, our goal is to give each child a passion for learning and success for life.
- CMS is Great Place to Work-Certified, meaning we are recognized as an employer who creates an outstanding company culture and work experience. We are the only school in Missouri to hold this distinction and one of only two Montessori schools nationwide. Certification is a two-step process that includes surveying our employees and completing a short questionnaire about the workforce.
- Most importantly, Montessori educators recognize Chesterfield Montessori School as a premier provider of authentic Montessori education Please visit CMS` website for more information: http://www.chesterfieldmontessori.org
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Miriam Cruz - As co-founder of Agni, Miriam was selected as a Forbes 30 under 30 in the Food and Drink industry https://www.forbes.com/pictures/61a67d8742bbf7cb5403d8c8/miriam-cruz-29-cofounder/?sh=7c0fa02e43eb
- Emily Widder - MIT Grad & Astrodynamics Engineer at Boeing
- Mary Madeline Willis - Staff Associate Investigator, Corteva AgroScience
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Chesterfield Montessori School cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Chesterfield Montessori School?
Who are famous alumni from Chesterfield Montessori School?
Does Chesterfield Montessori School offer a summer program?
What is Chesterfield Montessori School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Chesterfield Montessori School?
Endorse Chesterfield Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards