Chesterfield Day School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (314) 469-6622
Chesterfield Day School Photo #2 - CDS students develop the fundamental 21st century skills necessary for success because of our challenging and personalized program.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #3 - At CDS, we believe that, in addition to academic excellence, a person's character is equally central to his or her success in secondary school and beyond. From the behavior modelling that occurs naturally in our mixed-aged Montessori classrooms to the Sixth Graders' solo hosting of our weekly morning gatherings, CDS provides countless opportunities for personal growth and development.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #4 - CDS's physical education program and team sports stress fitness, skill development, community support, and healthy and active lifestyles choices.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #5 - CDS curricula transcend classroom walls to inspire students' day-to-day thinking.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #6 - CDS's brand of personalized learning encourages real-life skill building and student agency, which creates engaged students who have truly learned how to learn.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #7 - CDS's Montessori classrooms include multi-age groupings that foster peer learning and specially designed materials that inspire and excite children to learn.
- Chesterfield Day School is one of St. Louis's premier independent private elementary schools.
- Founded in 1962, Chesterfield Day School is among the top Saint Louis private schools and was the first Montessori school in St. Louis.
- We are a coeducational, not-for-profit, independent private school in Chesterfield, Missouri serving students age 18 months (preschool) through sixth grade.
- Our mission is to provide a personalized education of unparalleled excellence for students of diverse backgrounds.
- Our students live throughout the St. Louis region, and our talented faculty, staff, and administration help us to realize our mission and vision each day.
- Financial assistance is available. We invite you to take a tour and visit our school to determine if our program is the right fit for your family!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,850|
|Tuition Notes||Cost varies by schedule Financial assistance available|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie Coulter|
|Admissions Associate||Christi Callahan|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Climbing, Field Hockey,
Golf, Indoor Soccer,
Lacrosse, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art, Book Club, Chess, Cooking, Foreign Language - Mandarin, MakerSpace
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Chesterfield Day School is one of St. Louis's premier independent private elementary schools. Founded in 1962, Chesterfield Day School is among the top Saint Louis private schools and was the first Montessori school in St. Louis. We are a coeducational, not-for-profit, independent private school in Chesterfield, Missouri serving students age 18 months (preschool) through sixth grade. Our mission is to provide a personalized education of unparalleled excellence for students of diverse backgrounds. Our students live throughout the St. Louis region, and our talented faculty, staff, and administration help us to realize our mission and vision each day. Financial assistance is available. We invite you to take a tour and visit our school to determine if our program is the right fit for your family!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesterfield Grades: K-8 | 52 students
13431 N Outer 40 Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
(347) 579-9610 0.9 K-8
- Ballwin Grades: PK-K | 100 students
16554 Clayton Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
(636) 458-4540 9.1 PK-K
- Saint Charles Grades: K-6 | 134 students
1701 Feise Road
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636) 561-7709 3.1 K-6
Our family absolutely loves Chesterfield Day School. Our son has been there the past three years and we couldn't be happier. He has flourished in the loving and caring environment that is CDS. The teachers really help the students to become independent which leads to confidence. We're looking forward to our other son starting in their pre-school program next year.
- Posted by Parent - Justin Akin
We are beyond impressed with Chesterfield Day School. Our daughter is a toddler at this amazing school, and we simply couldn't be happier. CDS has a number of truly great things going for it (a beautiful campus, fantastic teachers, talented faculty, admin and staff and excellent programs). We truly love being a part of the CDS community!
- Posted by Parent - Ryan
Our children (6th grade and 3rd) have been at Chesterfield Day School since they were toddlers. We drive 25 minutes each way to get them there and along the way pass several well-known private elementary schools. We choose CDS for the Montessori foundation that perfectly transitions into rigorous curriculum that meets our kids at their level. We could not be happier with the teachers - they are a talented, well educated, dedicated group who make learning joyful for every student. Being a part of the CDS community is the best decision that we could have made as evidenced daily in our children's'' academic accomplishments and individual confidence.
- Posted by Parent - deann
This is my family's 3rd year at CDS. We love it! CDS educates the whole child and incorporates many modes and methods of teaching and learning. The children learn to be independent and confident. The CDS community is friendly and welcoming. We know we made the right decision in choosing CDS!
- Posted by Parent - linds
CDS is a unique private school and one that is worth a look for anyone interested in strong academics, a welcoming community and a faculty that is beyond amazing. CDS is the only school I know of that transitions students from Montessori in second grade into a wonderful upper school program. Students at CDS are confident, kind and are academically in the top tier of independent school students in the nation. The program at CDS includes a strong math, science and language core as well as a MakerSpace that is very sharp. Other parts of their program such as PE, music and art are very strong. We love CDS and would recommend it highly!
- Posted by Parent - racha
My son has been attending Chesterfield Day School for the past two years and we love everything about it! From the warm community feel to the personalized education he receives, we could not be more pleased with our decision to send him to CDS. They truly do live up to their mission of excellence. Well done, CDS!
- Posted by Parent - there
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.