Chesterfield Day School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Chesterfield Day School Photo #2 - CDS students develop the fundamental 21st century skills necessary for success because of our challenging and personalized program.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #3 - At CDS, we believe that, in addition to academic excellence, a person's character is equally central to his or her success in secondary school and beyond. From the behavior modelling that occurs naturally in our mixed-aged Montessori classrooms to the Sixth Graders' solo hosting of our weekly morning gatherings, CDS provides countless opportunities for personal growth and development.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #4 - CDS's physical education program and team sports stress fitness, skill development, community support, and healthy and active lifestyles choices.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #5 - CDS curricula transcend classroom walls to inspire students' day-to-day thinking.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #6 - CDS's brand of personalized learning encourages real-life skill building and student agency, which creates engaged students who have truly learned how to learn.
Chesterfield Day School Photo #7 - CDS's Montessori classrooms include multi-age groupings that foster peer learning and specially designed materials that inspire and excite children to learn.
- The mission of Chesterfield Day School is to provide a personalized education of unparalleled excellence for students of diverse backgrounds.
- As a student-centered, parent-supported independent school that promotes joy in learning, positive character development, and service to others, we live our mission by caring passionately about our students and dedicating ourselves to building a vibrant educational community where joy is inherent and where respect is shown for self, others, property, and the environment; knowing our students as individuals and honoring their academic, cultural, social, ethnic, racial, and religious diversity; believing that the Montessori approach provides the best foundation for children as they become productive citizens of the world; instilling in our students a lifelong love of learning and the confidence to tackle new challenges; teaching our students to think critically and creatively, to express themselves clearly, and to have the courage to act on and defend their convictions; and affirming that the responsibilities of education are shared by the home and the school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art, Book Club, Chess, Cooking, Foreign Language - Mandarin, MakerSpace
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Chesterfield Day School students receive a world-class education that nurtures students' innate love of learning. As a school tracing its origins to the Montessori philosophy, we allow each child to explore meaningful work and stretch to the next level.
- In addition to team teaching and an extremely low student:teacher ratio, specialist teachers for art, music, Spanish, physical education, and a librarian work with students, from toddlers through grade 6.
- Graduates of Chesterfield Day School are recognized by secondary schools and universities as students who seek knowledge, have a broad range of interests, and are open to and accepting of new ideas.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesterfield Grades: K-8 | 52 students
13431 N Outer 40 Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
(347)579-9610 0.9 K-8
- Saint Charles Grades: K-6 | 134 students
1701 Feise Road
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636)561-7709 3.1 K-6
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 372 students
6235 Wydown Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314)726-4542 11.9 PK-6
Our family absolutely loves Chesterfield Day School. Our son has been there the past three years and we couldn't be happier. He has flourished in the loving and caring environment that is CDS. The teachers really help the students to become independent which leads to confidence. We're looking forward to our other son starting in their pre-school program next year.
- Posted by Parent - Justin Akin
We are beyond impressed with Chesterfield Day School. Our daughter is a toddler at this amazing school, and we simply couldn't be happier. CDS has a number of truly great things going for it (a beautiful campus, fantastic teachers, talented faculty, admin and staff and excellent programs). We truly love being a part of the CDS community!
- Posted by Parent - Ryan
Our children (6th grade and 3rd) have been at Chesterfield Day School since they were toddlers. We drive 25 minutes each way to get them there and along the way pass several well-known private elementary schools. We choose CDS for the Montessori foundation that perfectly transitions into rigorous curriculum that meets our kids at their level. We could not be happier with the teachers - they are a talented, well educated, dedicated group who make learning joyful for every student. Being a part of the CDS community is the best decision that we could have made as evidenced daily in our children's'' academic accomplishments and individual confidence.
- Posted by Parent - deann
This is my family's 3rd year at CDS. We love it! CDS educates the whole child and incorporates many modes and methods of teaching and learning. The children learn to be independent and confident. The CDS community is friendly and welcoming. We know we made the right decision in choosing CDS!
- Posted by Parent - linds
CDS is a unique private school and one that is worth a look for anyone interested in strong academics, a welcoming community and a faculty that is beyond amazing. CDS is the only school I know of that transitions students from Montessori in second grade into a wonderful upper school program. Students at CDS are confident, kind and are academically in the top tier of independent school students in the nation. The program at CDS includes a strong math, science and language core as well as a MakerSpace that is very sharp. Other parts of their program such as PE, music and art are very strong. We love CDS and would recommend it highly!
- Posted by Parent - racha
My son has been attending Chesterfield Day School for the past two years and we love everything about it! From the warm community feel to the personalized education he receives, we could not be more pleased with our decision to send him to CDS. They truly do live up to their mission of excellence. Well done, CDS!
- Posted by Parent - there
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.