Great Circle Edgewood Children's Center
- Great Circle School welcomes students, K-12, with significant emotional and behavioral challenges, communication disorders, cognitive delays or an autism spectrum diagnosis. It offers small class sizes and a unique teacher+therapist staffing model that focuses on each student`s personality and needs.
- Great Circle is accredited by the Independent Schools of the Central States (ISACS) and AdvancED, and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and Illinois Board of Education, and is a member of the Council for Exceptional Children.
- Great Circle Schools are located in St. Louis, St. James, Columbia and Marshall, MO.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Chris Noll|
Great Circle's welcomes children who feel out of place in other schools, providing a place where they can feel at home. Academically, highly trained and experienced teachers, therapists and staff work collaboratively to ensure support and success for youth with significant emotional and behavioral challenges, communication disorders, cognitive delays or who have an autism spectrum disorder diagnosis. Great Circle is a school for students who struggle greatly in other educational settings because of factors beyond their control.
- Curriculum & Class Size: The curriculum uses evidence-based programs and behavior strategies, within a teaching model that adapts to fit each student`s personality and needs. Class sizes are small, about 10 students, and each classroom has a highly qualified teacher, teacher`s assistant and licensed clinical therapist working as a team.
- Graduation & Beyond: The staff supports each child`s personal journey to future success by giving them a nurturing and structured environment where they can unlock their full potential. There is strong emphasis on learning and normalization to prepare students who can transition back to a traditional school setting. Secondary school students can earn high school diplomas, or prepare for post-secondary school or vocational/technical training or entry into the workforce.
- Highly Trained Staff: Great Circle employs many Board Certified Behavior Analysts considered the gold standard in behavioral health especially in caring for children with autism.
- Services: Include occupational therapy; speech/language therapy; art/music therapy; individual/group/family therapy; psychiatric/medial/psychosocial/educational evaluation and consultation; social/life skills training; parent education; respite care; and tutoring.
- Four Locations: Each year, almost 500 children receive education on Great Circle's campuses, which are located in Columbia, Marshall and St. James and St.Louis.Children with autism are enrolled in either the St. James and St. Louis schools.
- Getting Enrolled: Admissions specialists provide prompt, confidential information, followed by timely evaluation and assessment, and create a customized plan for each student. Some are referred from their home school district; others are directly enrolled by their parents. To learn more about any of Great Circle's schools, contact the centralized admissions office at 314.919.4700, x4617 or e-mail GreatEducation@greatcircle.org.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: K-12 | 226 students
330 N Gore Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314)919-4700 9 K-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 4-12 | 45 students
8240 Saint Charles Rock Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63114
(314)593-2999 7.2 4-12
- Saint Louis Grades: Inquire with school | 94 students
501 Bacon Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314)968-5225 0.3 Inquire with school
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.