Great Circle/Edgewood Children's Center
- Great Circle offers educational programming for students who have severe emotional and behavioral challenges, communication disorders, cognitive delays, or Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Education services are provided by certified Special Education and/or General Education teachers, teacher’s assistants and licensed clinical therapists.
- The educational staff works collaboratively to restore hope where it is most needed by providing education and treatment to students and their families.
- Individualized plans are designed and maintained to help students meet their educational and psychosocial goals, ensuring short term progress and lifelong resiliency.
- Students are able to learn in an environment that includes a low staff to student ratio; individualized evidence based instructional practices; an accredited curriculum and intensive therapeutic services.
- Educational services at Great Circle are accredited or approved by the following entities: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE), Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), the Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS) and AdvancEd.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Individualized educational programming|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(varies according to school program)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,100|
|Tuition Notes||Varies according to school program student enrolls in.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maggie Aubuchon|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly McCrary|
Great Circle schools strive to help children improve the way they function in the school environment and in society through a low student-to-staff ratio and individualized instruction. The professional staff of certified special education teachers, teachers' assistants and licensed clinical therapists work together to provide education and treatment to students and their families.
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Nursing, psychiatric, medical, psychosocial and educational evaluation and consultation
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Social skills and life skills training
- Parent education
- Respite Care