Academy Of Saint Louis
5.00 (3 reviews)
Academy Of Saint Louis Photo #2 - Individually designed curriculum to meet the needs of students with learning differences while challenging them to attain their highest potential.
Academy Of Saint Louis Photo #3 - Academy of St. Louis is Providing Hope, Promise & Opportunities for Students with Learning Challenges
- The Academy of St. Louis assists K-12th grade students with cognitive learning disabilities, specializing in students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and developmental delays. The Academy of St. Louis provides each student with a safe and nurturing environment, individualized and challenging curriculum, social integration skills and faith formation. The Academy of St. Louis aids each student in reaching their highest potential providing them with the confidence and knowledge to succeed in life.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Aspergers Syndrome (Autism Spectrum), ADHD, ADD, Developmental Delays, Speech/ Language Delays, and Other Cognitive Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance is available for students whose families qualify financially.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Terri O'Daniel|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- We fill the gap for students who do not fit the mold of other special education schools or classrooms. While there are other schools in St. Louis for students with learning disabilities, there are none whose learning environment is structured like the Academy of St. Louis. Our students are functioning at different academic levels in many subjects. Therefore, an individual student works at different grade levels depending upon the subject. Classes are grouped with students with similar abilities but may still be at different grade levels in some subjects and/or using different curricula. This approach allows the students to accelerate in their areas of strength and move slowly through their areas of difficulty. Detailed accommodations are possible due to our 3:1 student to staff ratio and the majority of our students will transition into a 2- or 4-year college, while others enter tech schools or gainful employment after graduating from our school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ballwin Grades: K-12 | 7 students
15712 Clayton Rd
Ballwin, MO 63011
(636)230-0580 6.3 K-12
- Saint Louis Grades: 1-12 | 48 students
20 Archbishop May Drive
Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314)792-7320 11.5 1-12
- Chesterfield Grades: K-12 | 30 students
13250 S Outer 40 Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63017
(636)449-0647 2.8 K-12
- Blue Springs Grades: NS-12 | 37 students
5000 Nw Valley View Rd
Blue Springs, MO 64015
(816)224-9541 206.8 NS-12
The Academy has been a positive changing factor for our son and family. After homeschooling for four years, the Academy provided a safe, nurturing and loving place that our son could go to school and be able to be focused on learning and gaining friendships. This was the first time in his 14 yrs that he was able to find friends that could relate to him as well as the parents who could all work together to assist our kids together. The staff provide an environment that stimulates learning and personal growth in each and every student on an individual level. My son is so happy to go to school every day and is eager to learn in an environment that his personal needs are met hour by hour. We are so grateful for the Academy of St. Louis.
- Posted by Parent - Paul and Kelly Winter
My son attends the Academy of St. Louis and for the first time is able to really understand his schoolwork.By feeling safe in his surroundings, and the small classrooms he is learning to take charge of his life!He has so many friends now whereas he once had none! The staff work with each student daily on social skills, anxiety management control and recognizing triggers. They also have a transition program to help students transition into the future of their dreams! So glad we found the Academy!
- Posted by Parent - Julie Roberson
The Academy has been positively life changing for our family. The staff specialize with students on the Spectrum and provide an environment where learning, socializing, and positive growth happens daily. Students are happy to be at school, they are successful and are accepted for the unique individuals they are. They have hope for thier futures. With such an individualized curriculum and teachers and staff who truly care and understand each student, the students thrive both academically and emotionally. The growth and happiness we have seen take place with our student has been amazing and such a positive situation. There are no other schools like this in the area. So thankful to be a part of the Academy of St. Louis.
- Posted by Parent - Chamberlin`s
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.