Academy Of Saint Louis Photo #4 - Individually designed curriculum to meet the needs of students with learning differences while challenging them to attain their highest potential.
The Academy of St. Louis assists K-12th grade students with cognitive learning disabilities, specializing in students with Autism Spectrum Disorder and developmental delays. The Academy of St. Louis provides each student with a safe and nurturing environment, individualized and challenging curriculum, social integration skills and faith formation. The Academy of St. Louis aids each student in reaching their highest potential providing them with the confidence and knowledge to succeed in life.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 32 students
- Yearly Tuition: $22,000
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
- St. Louis Character: Terri O'Daniel helps kids with learning disabilities achieve their potential - 02/04/2021Terri O'Daniel loved the Catholic education she received as a child. But after O'Daniel's daughter, Kara was born with spina bifida, she struggled to find a Catholic school that would ...moresupport Kara's needs. So O'Daniel decided to start one herself. hide
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Aspergers Syndrome (Autism Spectrum), ADHD, ADD, Developmental Delays, Speech/ Language Delays, and Other Cognitive Learning Disabilities
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition assistance is available for students whose families qualify financially.
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Running Club, Speech and Debate, Stop & Relax
Running Club, Speech and Debate, Stop & Relax
- We fill the gap for students who do not fit the mold of other special education schools or classrooms. While there are other schools in St. Louis for students with learning disabilities, there are none whose learning environment is structured like the Academy of St. Louis. Our students are functioning at different academic levels in many subjects. Therefore, an individual student works at different grade levels depending upon the subject. Classes are grouped with students with similar abilities but may still be at different grade levels in some subjects and/or using different curricula. This approach allows the students to accelerate in their areas of strength and move slowly through their areas of difficulty. Detailed accommodations are possible due to our 3:1 student-to-staff ratio and the majority of our students will transition into a 2- or 4-year college, while others enter tech schools or gainful employment after graduating from our school.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Academy Of Saint Louis cost?
Academy Of Saint Louis's tuition is approximately $22,000 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Academy Of Saint Louis?
The acceptance rate of Academy Of Saint Louis is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 89%.
When is the application deadline for Academy Of Saint Louis?
The application deadline for Academy Of Saint Louis is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
The Academy has been a positive changing factor for our son and family. After homeschooling for four years, the Academy provided a safe, nurturing and loving place that our son could go to school and be able to be focused on learning and gaining friendships. This was the first time in his 14 yrs that he was able to find friends that could relate to him as well as the parents who could all work together to assist our kids together. The staff provide an environment that stimulates learning and personal growth in each and every student on an individual level. My son is so happy to go to school every day and is eager to learn in an environment that his personal needs are met hour by hour. We are so grateful for the Academy of St. Louis.
My son attends the Academy of St. Louis and for the first time is able to really understand his schoolwork.By feeling safe in his surroundings, and the small classrooms he is learning to take charge of his life!He has so many friends now whereas he once had none! The staff work with each student daily on social skills, anxiety management control and recognizing triggers. They also have a transition program to help students transition into the future of their dreams! So glad we found the Academy!
The Academy has been positively life changing for our family. The staff specialize with students on the Spectrum and provide an environment where learning, socializing, and positive growth happens daily. Students are happy to be at school, they are successful and are accepted for the unique individuals they are. They have hope for thier futures. With such an individualized curriculum and teachers and staff who truly care and understand each student, the students thrive both academically and emotionally. The growth and happiness we have seen take place with our student has been amazing and such a positive situation. There are no other schools like this in the area. So thankful to be a part of the Academy of St. Louis.
Endorse Academy Of Saint Louis. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Nearby Homes for Sale
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.