EBLA H.S. Academy
Tel: (478) 387-6014
- E.B.L.A. Academy was started in 1999. The original purpose of the Academy was to allow gifted students the opportunity to work at a faster than normal pace.
- They could attend school year round with the possibility of graduating earlier.
- Admission was based on interview only in which each student had to showcase some hidden or obvious talent.
- In 2001, we opened our doors to begin taking on students from traditional school systems.
- We no longer work with only gifted students, but students from all walks of life.
- We have come to realize that when everyone is given a sincere and enriching opportunity, they can accomplish anything.
- This is why our initials stand for Education Brings Leadership and Achievement.
- Our mascot is a globe because we have a universal approach to learning and have worked with students from all over the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$285|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||The cost is per half unit.|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Advanced Courses||Select science and math courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
- The purpose of E.B.L.A. is to provide a challenging and versatile education that will enable students to be successful and productive citizens who will have a positive impact on the world. This is why our symbol is the globe. The philosophy of E.B.L.A. is that all students are capable of learning and accomplishing any goal with a little hard work. We choose not offer AP courses because most of our students enroll in the dual enrollment program (taking college courses while still in high school). This gives the students an opportunity to earn high school and college credit. It can also help reduce their time spent in college post secondary school.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sparta Grades: PK-12 | 129 students
1100 Linton Road
Sparta, GA 31087
(706) 444-6470 9.2 PK-12
- Milledgeville Grades: PK-12 | 502 students
197 Log Cabin Rd Ne
Milledgeville, GA 31061
(478) 452-5570 1.9 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.