Fairview Montessori School
Fairview Montessori’s early childhood program is a three-year program for children ages 2 1/2 to 6 years.
We’re open year-round and do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, or age, and we’ll accommodate children with special needs if our teachers and facilities can do so effectively.
Our lead teachers have a combined total of over 40 years teaching experience at the early childhood level.
All received their Montessori early childhood credentials from the Montessori Education Center of the Rockies, which is affiliated with the American Montessori Society and accredited by MACTE, the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education.
At Fairview, our mission is to provide a safe environment in which children comfortably and confidently can attain the skills necessary to reach their full potential and become happy, responsible, contributing members of society.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 61 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Fairview Montessori got its start in the home of owner/director Shannon Ryland in 1991 and moved to its current location in historic downtown Louisville, CO, in 1994. Shannon, a graduate of Florida State University with a B.S. in Elementary Education, teaches the kindergarten and gives tours by appointment. She received her Montessori certification in 1991 and is director qualified in Colorado. At Fairview, our mission is to provide a safe environment in which children comfortably and confidently can attain the skills necessary to reach their full potential and become happy, responsible, contributing members of society. We hope that with our well-qualified teachers and the carefully prepared environment of a mixed-age Montessori classroom, each child will gain independence, self-confidence, and a love of learning.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Fairview Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.