Fairview Montessori School
Fairview Montessori’s early childhood program is a three-year program for children ages 2 1/2 to 6 years.
We’re open year-round and do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, religion, or age, and we’ll accommodate children with special needs if our teachers and facilities can do so effectively.
Our lead teachers have a combined total of over 40 years teaching experience at the early childhood level.
All received their Montessori early childhood credentials from the Montessori Education Center of the Rockies, which is affiliated with the American Montessori Society and accredited by MACTE, the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education.
At Fairview, our mission is to provide a safe environment in which children comfortably and confidently can attain the skills necessary to reach their full potential and become happy, responsible, contributing members of society.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 61 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Fairview Montessori got its start in the home of owner/director Shannon Ryland in 1991 and moved to its current location in historic downtown Louisville, CO, in 1994. Shannon, a graduate of Florida State University with a B.S. in Elementary Education, teaches the kindergarten and gives tours by appointment. She received her Montessori certification in 1991 and is director qualified in Colorado. At Fairview, our mission is to provide a safe environment in which children comfortably and confidently can attain the skills necessary to reach their full potential and become happy, responsible, contributing members of society. We hope that with our well-qualified teachers and the carefully prepared environment of a mixed-age Montessori classroom, each child will gain independence, self-confidence, and a love of learning.
Endorse Fairview Montessori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
2020-21 Best SSAT Prep Courses Reviewed
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.